iTunes 12 - be warned

. I refuse to be trolled by cretins.

There is zero moderation on this board.

Goodbye.
    Last edited by Guest; 19-10-14, 16:57.
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Risorgimento View Post
    Do NOT upgrade unless you have thoroughly researched it and whether or not the new (and extremely restricted) set of viewing options let's you access your classical music the way most sane people want to. Seems to me that iTunes 12 takes the concept of 'Not Fit For Purpose' as far as classical music is concerned just one step closer to totally useless.

Trying to find a way to get back to iTunes 11 (which was bad enough but forced to migrate by Mavericks).
    Another problem area to look out for, then! I've just responded on a related thread about iPods, iTunes 10 and iTunes 11.

Good luck.

Comment

• Stunsworth
      • Nov 2010

Personally I don't have a problem. I've set it to show me the albums sorted by artist, then year. That's exactly what I want.
      Steve

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
        Personally I don't have a problem. I've set it to show me the albums sorted by artist, then year. That's exactly what I want.
        Same here, almost - save that I like to go by Album title and have just a few key playlists. Once one's reset it to how one likes it, there's not much difference from before, I don't think.

Originally posted by Risorgimento
        How easy would it be to post a screenshot? Do you view by album artwork or text ?
        I view by text - there were a few moments of irritation when it displayed the wretched grid of album cover images (most of mine are blank as they are copied from my CDs) - but then I was able to sort it as I like, using the 'playlist' view option.

Which if I may also answer the question you asked of Steve, looks like this:

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

i organise by song then genre [you can edit this and add genres - v powerful] and the update left my sort perfectly intact
          According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Stunsworth
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Risorgimento
            For example, what would you put in the fields for Album, Artist for say Beethoven 5th with Sir Colin Davis? How easy would it be to post a screenshot? Do you view by album artwork or text ?
            For album I always begin with the composer's name, so to take your example I'd use "Beethoven: 5th Symphony". If there were multiple composers on the album I'd have both composers, so "Beethoven: 5th Symphony; Schubert: Unfinished Symphony".

For Artist I'd start with the conductor or soloist, so again using your example "Sir Colin Davis: LSO"

I'm struggling to upload a screenshot, sorry about that.
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X