X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beresford
    • Apr 2012

iPlayer browser problem

France Musique is a favourite, but for some time now I have found that it will not play on my Opera Browser (v12.16), live or recouter (Listen Again) but plays OK in Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?
    Also I have found that the BBC iPlayer Listen again now omits the Pop-up player option, which I always used, so that I can have the webpage listing open underneath the popup player. And the programme picture flashes loads of times if I go back a few minutes during a programme replay. Is this progress?
    (please move this post if it's in the wrong place).
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

The pop-up player is still there, but in a different position, and somewhat differently accessed. Play around with the new layout and I feel sure you will find it. The new system certainly does have a few strange quirks though.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
      France Musique is a favourite, but for some time now I have found that it will not play on my Opera Browser (v12.16), live or recouter (Listen Again) but plays OK in Internet Explorer. Any suggestions?
      I think you could mention this to the Opera development team - they may be able to come up with a fix, or at least tell you what's not working. Since this is a specific issue for a specific site they should be able to replicate the behaviour.

Comment

• OldTechie
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
        It plays OK on my copy on Windows 8, but I have Opera v12.17 - maybe it's worth doing an update.

Comment

• Beresford
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by OldTechie View Post
          It plays OK on my copy on Windows 8, but I have Opera v12.17 - maybe it's worth doing an update.
          Thanks, yes, an update to 12.17 fixed it (but it still doesn't want to jump to a different time in the recouter)
          R3 Listen Again - now for 30 days - seems to jump very quickly to any point in the programme. I wonder if it now downloads all the programme at the start. If so, where is it stored on my Windows7 PC?

Comment

Working...
          X