X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risorgimento
    • Sep 2024

Calling any Humax PVR9x000T owners

Is your EPG filling up very slowly? If at all? Are there large gaps in it? Or only a few days guide data when previously you had seven? Have you wasted your time talking to Humax support? Been through their suggestion of a reset? Or even the futile suggestion to replace your unit under warranty?

The bad news is that neither reset nor replacement will fix this inherent problem in these boxes. In a nutshell, Humax did not allow enough space for the EPG to store all the programme guide data for all the multiplexes and channels that there are now. As a result, and possibly exacerbated following the retune of the other week, you will be experiencing some of the problems I outlined.

Deleting channels that you don't watch will not help you because the way the EPG data is sent includes the data for ALL the channels on that mux.

The only 'fix' (if you can call it that) is to decide which Mux you can do without. It is a great shame that the commercial boys didn't stick all those ghastly shopping channels on the one mux as that would have made life so much easier. But they haven't.

So, you need to get the list of digital channels and see how they map onto the multiplexes (muxes) for your transmitter. You then need to map the channels to each mux. I am on Ridge Hill and so my channels are 21,24, 25 etc. Next delete all your existing channels on your Humax. Then having decided which muxes (ideally you will only tune to three) you actually want, go into Manual Tune and select each channel in turn for the three muxes you have chosen.

I did this to my 9300T and before I'd even finished off tuning into the third channel, I found that the EPG had fully populated itself...the speed improvement was remarkable. Tuning in a fourth mux saw a noticeable degradation in EPG performance.

Hope this helps.
  • rauschwerk
    • Nov 2010

Thanks very much for that. I had wondered what was going on, especially when the EPG on my TVs don't show the problem.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Ooo!

What's all that I can see flying over my head.

Comment

Working...
      X