• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Mp2DirectCut 2.20 "open with" problem.

I have updated from mp3DirectCut 1.16 to version 2.20. I used to be able to right click on an aac file, select "open with", find mp3directcut.exe and select it as the default programme for opening aac files. This does not seem to work with Version 2.20. I select mp3DirectCut .exe but the association in not made. Any ideas?
  • johnb
    • Mar 2007

No problem with 2.18 and aac files in Windows Explorer context menus on my Windows 7 system.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Thanks John. I don't have 2.18 and Herr Pesch seems not to keep previous versions available when he updates. However, I do have 2.16, so will go back to that.

[Ah. The problem was not the version but the directory/folder I was installing to. It did not like "Program Files (x86)\mp3DirectCut" but is happy with "mp3DirectCut" as a root directory. Now using 2.20. The strange thing is that it started fine from "Program Files (x86)\mp3DirectCut", and I could open aac files from within mp3DirectCut but could not set it as the default program for aac files.]

[[By the way, I guess the "Mp2DirectCut" in the thread title was not so much a simple typo as a flashback to the original purpose I put mp3DirectCut to a decade or so ago. I then used it principally to edit DAB mp2s saved either from a Psion Wavefinder, or later, a Pure Bug, Bug Too or Evoke 3. ]]
      Last edited by Bryn; 13-09-14, 22:55.

Comment

Working...
      X