X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Unexpected test case - BBC Sport

An unexpected test case for the gadgets cropped up today. As some of us are obsessive about tennis, we watched the Davis Cup broadcast by the BBC. At the end of the Murray vs Isner match the contest concluded with a dead rubber, between James Ward and Donald Young. Eventually even the Red button channels seemed to give up, and the only way we found to continue watching on big screen TV was via the live feed from the BBC Sports web page - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/ - and using Airplay from my MBP. After quickly trying to set up the Apple TV we caught what was left of that game on our living room TV before Ward scratched through injury. I also tried to see if I could catch this from an Android phone with Chromecast, though the event was over before I could be sure about the outcome. However, it did look as though the Chromecast "option" does not work for that kind of content material. I do not know whether the Roku box would have done any better, so in this case the Apple TV was the thing to use.

As far as I could see, our BT YouView box was unable to offer this match. It was not showing in iPlayer it seemed.

Comment

Working...
    X