X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stunsworth
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ariosto View Post
    Anyone know how to burn music CD's on a Mac mini?
    Since you've already got the music in iTunes...

1. Create a new playlist - you can call it anything you like, say "Burn to CD" so you know what it is.

2. Drag and drop the tracks into the playlist you've created.

3. Right click on the playlist name on the left hand side of the screen and select "Burn Playlist to Disk". Make sure that you've selected 'Audio CD' as the format type, then click on "Burn".
    Steve

Comment

• Stunsworth
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      One total pain is the way the compose window in Apple Mail disappears behind other windows - and there doesn't seem any easy way of getting it back to the front...
      Right click on the mail icon in the dock and you'll see a list of all the open windows. Click on the compose one and it will pop to the front.

Alternatively press command + ` (that's the thing to the left of the 'Z' that looks a bit like a single quote). That will cycle through all the open windows - for any application, not just Mail.
      Steve

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Just thinking back to the original message, did the external USB burner not come with a disc including basic Mac audio CD burning software?

Comment

• Ariosto

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          Just thinking back to the original message, did the external USB burner not come with a disc including basic Mac audio CD burning software?
          Hi Bryn

It came with a CD which only had a cut down version of Nero for Windows, and nothing for the MAC. (It's a tiny LiteOn player/writer that sits on top of the Mac mini which is also not a lot larger than it).

However, I've now had success with the iTunes software and it burnt very well to the writer and the CD played fine on my Hi-Fi CD player.

Many thanks to Dave2000 and all others for the advice. You are all quite brilliant!

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
            Right click on the mail icon in the dock and you'll see a list of all the open windows. Click on the compose one and it will pop to the front.

Alternatively press command + ` (that's the thing to the left of the 'Z' that looks a bit like a single quote). That will cycle through all the open windows - for any application, not just Mail.
            Which version of Mac OS X are you referring to? These don't seem to work on my machine - 10.8.5.

Comment

• Stunsworth
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              Which version of Mac OS X are you referring to? These don't seem to work on my machine - 10.8.5.
              Mavericks. As far as I know it's not a new shortcut.
              Steve

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

Thanks Steve.

Still doesn't work for me, though. I still have to shuffle everything round to find an already started compose window - had to do that a few times already today. Usually happens when I want to include links or web page extracts in outgoing email.

Comment

Working...
                X