[Resolved] How to UNsubscribe/ change settings for subscriptions to threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roehre
    • Sep 2024

[Resolved] How to UNsubscribe/ change settings for subscriptions to threads?

I love to see emails that new posts have been added to the threads which I am following or to which I am adding posts myself.

However, originally I selected to be immediately informed of a new posting. As a consequence however my email In-box is flooded.

Therefore I'd like to change that to once a day.

Having changed that setting, I still get an email every time a new posting has added.

How do we change that setting effectively, and how do we unsubscribe from a thread completely?
  • Mark Sealey
    • Mar 2007

Hi Roehre, sorry you're having this difficulty.

You can change the default (applies to all usage - let's hope not from now on only) settings in your General Settings (Settings > My Settings) screen.

For each thread, the dropdown under Thread Tools for the thread in question ought to do it.

See also this item in the FAQ.
    --
    Mark

Comment

• Lars Porsenna

Just an add to Mark's advice: the FAQ has the following:

"Forum subscriptions are not managed through the List Subscriptions page and are shown on the User CP page where they contain the option to unsubscribe from the forum."

Comment

• Roehre

thanks Lars and msealey. Very helpful indeed

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by msealey View Post
          Hi Roehre, sorry you're having this difficulty.

You can change the default (applies to all usage - let's hope not from now on only) settings in your General Settings (Settings > My Settings) screen.

For each thread, the dropdown under Thread Tools for the thread in question ought to do it.

See also this item in the FAQ.
          What I want to do is change the subscription for one particular thread from my default 'no email' setting to a 'receive email' setting. The dropdown under Thread Tools which you mention only offers 'Unsubscribe' which is not what I want.

The FAQ says:

'You can also manage your individual subscriptions by clicking 'List Subscriptions' under 'Subscribed Threads' in your User CP. Here you can select which subscriptions you wish to manage and delete them, move them to another folder, or change their subscription type.'

But I can see no method of changing the subscription type of a thread on the List Subscriptions page.

Missing something obvious, as usual?

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

I can see I'm going to have to subscribe to at least two threads and see if I can set the email notification for just one but not the other. Is that what you want to do?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              I can see I'm going to have to subscribe to at least two threads and see if I can set the email notification for just one but not the other. Is that what you want to do?
              Yes. All my subscribed threads are set to my default of 'no emails', but I now want to switch just one particular one to receive emails.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Right. Go to your CP and open your subscription lists. Check the thread you want email notification for. Click on the Selected threads menu and Update as appropriate. Click on Go.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  Right. Go to your CP and open your subscription lists. Check the thread you want email notification for. Click on the Selected threads menu and Update as appropriate. Click on Go.
                  Got it. Thanks. I'd seen the tick boxes, but what a silly place to put a menu, when all the others are at the top of the page!

Comment

Working...
                  X