• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Where Is That Thread?

frenc frank
    I wonder if we can have a fix (sticky?) thread for ‘Where is that thread?’ When I want to post about a subject that has been discussed recently but cannot remember the thread title or which platform it was, it will be very useful if I can ask other members who may happen to remember or who are good at finding things.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
    frenc frank
    I wonder if we can have a fix (sticky?) thread for ‘Where is that thread?’ When I want to post about a subject that has been discussed recently but cannot remember the thread title or which platform it was, it will be very useful if I can ask other members who may happen to remember or who are good at finding things.
    Where would you like it to be, ds?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
      Host
      • Nov 2010

The advanced search is useful for this.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Suggest you give that a go, ds. I always find it amazing what you can track down on Google by remembering some key words.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• kernelbogey
          • Nov 2010

Am I right in thinking there is no 'own posts' list as there was on the old boards?

And might someone usefully correct the typo which baffles in the title of this thread?

BW, kb

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

kb, click on your own name and choose View Forum Posts.

I never quite like to correct people's typos . Should I?

Comment

• kernelbogey
              • Nov 2010

FF - thanks for both. I thought, perhaps pedantically, it was quite a confusing thread title.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                I never quite like to correct people's typos . Should I?
                In cases where the typo is in the title, the perpetrator cannot alter it once posted, as far as I am aware, so a little help might well be appreciated.

Comment

• doversoul1
                  Ex Member
                  • Dec 2010

ff and EA
                  Advance Search!! Ah… I’ve never thought (I didn’t even know such thing existed ). I’ll try that. One never stops learning…. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X