• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferretfancy
    • Nov 2010

Good old Summer Time

Hi !

I notice that this our beloved Forum didn't alter the clock last saturday Night. Deliberate Policy ?

Many Thanks,
    ferret
  • Mr Pee
    • Nov 2010

Yes it did, at least on my computer.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Don Petter

As mentioned in another thread on the subject, it was only wrong if you were logged out, but ff has now fixed it.

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Phew
        I thought this was going to be a pile on nonsense about how we "loose" business by changing the clocks
        which is an obvious southern plot that needs to be resisted !

I've noticed that farmers tend to get up when its light regardless of what the clock says
        and fishermen tend to use the tides even if that means going to work at 3am

Comment

• Mr Pee
          • Nov 2010

I'm a Southerner, and I quite like the clocks going back. Reminds one of the passing of the seasons and all that.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
            I notice that this our beloved Forum didn't alter the clock last saturday Night. Deliberate Policy ?
            The answer to your question is probably on the board on 'How to...'

The forum software had been set to detect Daylight Saving 'when in effect', but it seems the server might have been observing US DST which ends this coming weekend. I have changed the clock manually to GMT but I'll see if I can confirm this suggestion at the weekend. I might reset it on Saturday to see if it corrects itself overnight.

This only applies to guests and non logged in members. If you've set your personal settings to observe DST they will have shown correctly from when our clocks went back last Sunday.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
            X