Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VodkaDilc

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
    Indeed - as will the assumption that it doesn't matter if those website users who don't have such devices find the new 'improved' version not as good. A certain large national charity was distinctly sniffy when I said I found their new website cumbersome to use on my PC, and slow when looking for information I needed about membership.As I found out later the 'majority of our users' line that they trotted out turned out to be 56%, which still leaves quite a lot of folk not using small devices to access the site.....
    I wonder if the next development will be the size and shape of television pictures being altered because so many people are watching on their mobile devices now. Advertisers want to attract the young - and the young don't watch on conventional TVs. I'm afraid those of us over a certain age are finding our preferences coming fairly low in the pecking order.

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

More later. Stockhausen about to begin. Please do not phone
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
        My experience too. Full screen, no sidebar, and lines ending with 'there's a' and 'almost four'.
        'line length' and 'recommended' on my (laptop) screen - not a problem. I can vary the size of the display if I cannot read it (currently set at 100% - I can).

OG

Comment

Working...
        X