X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Philidor View Post
    This morning is more irritating than ever. Single movements; constant chatter; tiresome interviews. PLEASE BRING BACK ANDREW MACGREGOR AND RECORD REVIEW.
    They haven't been dropped, but demoted and replaced with something that I haven't listened to, and certainly don't want to try after being subjected to a barrage of Mr Service's over-excitable, gabbled trails

Comment

• pastoralguy
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Philidor View Post
      This morning is more irritating than ever. Single movements; constant chatter; tiresome interviews. PLEASE BRING BACK ANDREW MACGREGOR AND RECORD REVIEW.
      It’s Andrew McGregor…

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

They haven't been dropped, but demoted and replaced with something that I haven't listened to, and certainly don't want to try after being subjected to a barrage of Mr Service's over-excitable, gabbled trails
        The Beeb appointed Jackson
        All Radio 3 rules to flout
        We been talkin' 'bout Jackson
        And I guess we all want him out

I'm goin' to Jackson
        The Service he delivers is poor
        Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson
        And tell him we want him no more.

Comment

• pastoralguy
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

I'm goin' to Jackson

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

I'm goin' to Jackson
            This ranks among the finest posts I’ve ever read.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Before I was excommunicated from the BBC Radio 3 Facebook page, I highlighted how rude Mr Service and Ms Gillam were, for constantly talking over the music. I cited Antony Hopkins as a broadcaster to emulate, but then someone posted a link, giving an example of AH doing just that. However, the Hopkins example was done very carefully and sensitively, to make a precise point that wouldn’t have worked any other way. It was a world away from the unServicable method of Saturday 2024.

Comment

• duncan
                • Apr 2012

I was a regular listener before the move, a staple of my Saturday morning routine. I am invariably occupied on Saturday afternoons and have not listened to a single record review since the move. I continue to listen to Building a Library but only after it makes its way to my podcast platform.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Q: does anyone in BBC / R3 Management ever read these postings, and realise the fantastic damage R3 has done to loyal listeners and the BBC image?
                  Jazz lovers will be laughing all the way and [now] EVERY day on R3 at the abrupt surgery to Night Tracks, and the rude implanting of Around Midnight.

I grieve for R3

Comment

• LMcD
                    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                    Q: does anyone in BBC / R3 Management ever read these postings, and realise the fantastic damage R3 has done to loyal listeners and the BBC image?
                    Jazz lovers will be laughing all the way and [now] EVERY day on R3 at the abrupt surgery to Night Tracks, and the rude implanting of Around Midnight.

I grieve for R3
                    In answer to your question - 'possibly' for the first part, and almost certainly 'no' for the second.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

No axe to grind as I don't listen to Night Tracks or jazz. But I find nothing wrong in curtailing one of the 'unclassified' programmes with jazz, which is an R3 staple. The only relevant question is whether the jazz programme is approved of by R3 jazz fans. I'd prefer string quartets but won't bother to press it
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• DracoM
                        Host
                        • Mar 2007

"an R3 staple"

Yeah but....yeah but....Jazz FOUR or FIVE nights EVERY week?
                        Well, when Night Tracks started, we got nicely / cleverly thought-out / edited quiet stuff before bedtime, but the sudden curtailing of the Night Tracks to Through the Night sequence has driven me to CFM. And frankly you don't get more desperate than that.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

"an R3 staple"

It would certainly seem some of us are enviably privileged compared to others in that regard, notwithstanding the reality that Round Midnight is turning out something of a disappointment for many of us. But.... I thought I had you down as a jazz fan, Draco? Where did I get that idea?

Comment

• LMcD
                            • Sep 2017

"an R3 staple"

Well, when Night Tracks started, we got nicely / cleverly thought-out / edited quiet stuff before bedtime, but the sudden curtailing of the Night Tracks to Through the Night sequence has driven me to CFM. And frankly you don't get more desperate than that.
                            Scala Radio?

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Yes, yes, I DO like Jazz, but [a] every night of the week?? and [b] was pretty baffled by the curtailing of Night Tracks, which seemed so well sorted to link with Through the Night.

But what do I know about prog sequencing?

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

In this mornings letters page in the i is a letter headed 'Turn off and tune in to the music' . the writer is suggesting that to get away from the slanging matches of debating politicians he offers Radio 3 as balm, bliss. I wonder if he is listening to the Saturday Morning Service and feels the same way?

Comment

Working...
                                X