• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hmvman
    • Mar 2007

Charity Cycle Ride - appeal for sponsorship

Dear All,

In just over two weeks' time, in early July, my partner and I will be doing a 300-mile cycle ride in Holland in order to raise funds for the Jessie's Fund charity. This York-based charity, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, helps severely disabled children to communicate and express themselves through music and music therapy. More details about their work can be found here: http://www.jessiesfund.org.uk

Please help this charity in their work by sponsoring our cycle ride. Any amount you feel you can donate will be greatly appreciated. We've paid for all the costs of our trip so every penny donated will go to Jessie's Fund. Our donations page is here: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/carrieandgavin

Thank you very much.

Gavin

ps Thanks to French Frank for kindly agreeing to me posting this appeal here.
  • makropulos
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
    Please help this charity in their work by sponsoring our cycle ride. Any amount you feel you can donate will be greatly appreciated. We've paid for all the costs of our trip so every penny donated will go to Jessie's Fund. Our donations page is here: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/carrieandgavin

Thank you very much.

Gavin
    Done - and really happy to support anything that raises money for this inspiring charity (with which I have no connection, I hasten to add). Good luck with the cycle ride!

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Done

Best of Luck

Comment

• hmvman
        • Mar 2007

Thank you both.

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

I'm confident that the contingency of the York RMS will also contribute generously when we meet next week to celebrate the 60th birthday of the Society! Your high energy quota will safely steer you through The Netherlands with all your might and main, hmvman.

Comment

• MrGongGong
            • Nov 2010

for Jessie's Fund

Lesley Schatzberger is a total genius IMV and worthy of a gong (I have a spare)

Comment

• hmvman
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
              for Jessie's Fund

Lesley Schatzberger is a total genius IMV and worthy of a gong (I have a spare)
              Agree there, Mr GG. She and Alan will be on the ride with us!

Comment

• hmvman
                • Mar 2007

Thanks, eighthobstruction, for your donation - and to some 'anons' who I think are forumites. All very much appreciated.

Comment

• hmvman
                  • Mar 2007

Just to let you know that we successfully completed the cycle ride last week. Well, almost all of it. We were unable to do about 30 miles of the route because of gale-force winds that were deemed too dangerous to cycle in. However, we covered about 285 miles over the four cycling days. We were with a great group of people and had a lot of fun as well.

Best of all though, we have raised nearly £2,800 for Jessie's Fund (over £3,000 including Gift Aid) which is more than we could ever have dreamed of when we started our fund raising. People have been so generous in their donations including several from this forum.

On behalf of Carrie, myself and Jessie's Fund thank you very much for your generosity and support. It is very much appreciated.

Gavin

Comment

Working...
                  X