Clear All
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

BaL Chopin needs to be set free.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

One would think someone wouldn't confuse Smittims with Serial Apologist.... but the fact that they both have Blue 'S' as icons is very confusing....
      bong ching

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
        One would think someone wouldn't confuse Smittims with Serial Apologist.... but the fact that they both have Blue 'S' as icons is very confusing....
        A good reason for having an avatar?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

A good reason for having an avatar?
          As an individual I tend to follow whoever it was who once said, "It is not that we need better leaders, but no leaders at all!"

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            They are more on the purple/mauve spectrum to my eye - but too close to differentiate certainly. Green is another colour that some of us have got lumped with several close shades(harmony?) of.

Comment

• Pulcinella
              Host
              • Feb 2014

Haven't spotted a stuck thread for a while, but it looks like Venice's cholera has infected the Mahler 5 Prom thread: vint's name displayed but later posts have been made.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                • Mar 2007

(There have been plenty of stuck threads - ff or I must've been beating you to it!)

Comment

• Pulcinella
                  Host
                  • Feb 2014

Something odd with the latest CE thread (Worcester): Aunt Daisy's response not shown in the figures.
                  (In case you're wondering and you can see what others can't, I started a thread shortly before Draco's, thinking something might have stopped him being able to post, but though it had lots of views, it had no responses, so I deleted it once I saw Draco's.)

Comment

• AuntDaisy
                    Host
                    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                    Something odd with the latest CE thread (Worcester): Aunt Daisy's response not shown in the figures.
                    (In case you're wondering and you can see what others can't, I started a thread shortly before Draco's, thinking something might have stopped him being able to post, but though it had lots of views, it had no responses, so I deleted it once I saw Draco's.)
                    Thanks Pulcinella, I hadn't noticed the responses counter. (But had seen your deleted response & explanation.)

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Now registering AD's response :-)
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                        Host
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                        Now registering AD's response :-)

Comment

• Pulcinella
                          Host
                          • Feb 2014

Indispensable Janacek stuck!

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

On my mobile phone, when wishing to quote a post, or part of a post, the blue boxes at the bottom right saying 'quote' and 'flag' are much too close together. They were once separated so that you didn't keep on pressing the wrong box but something changed a while ago.

It's almost impossible to hit the 'quote' box without hitting 'flag' as well. It needs great care and multiple tries.

Is there any chance this could be corrected?
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                              On my mobile phone, when wishing to quote a post, or part of a post, the blue boxes at the bottom right saying 'quote' and 'flag' are much too close together. They were once separated so that you didn't keep on pressing the wrong box but something changed a while ago.

It's almost impossible to hit the 'quote' box without hitting 'flag' as well. It needs great care and multiple tries.

Is there any chance this could be corrected?
                              I don't think so. You just have to enlarge the image with your fingers so that you do hit the right box.

Really annoying is that it's so difficult to edit quotes on a mobile - which I've just discovered is (I presume) why we get a 50-line quote followed by a one-line reply, and have no idea what part of the quote it's referring to. Better to write @whoever and reply without including a quote at all. Better at least for those of us who are usually logging in on a computer rather than a confounded mobile.
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• LMcD
                                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                                Indispensable Janacek stuck!
                                Leos chaos?

Comment

Working...
                                X