X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post

That's because once you've visited a thread it no longer appears in the What's New page - unlike the previous incarnation of this forum, where the thread would remain, just without the bold font. To be honest, I liked this aspect of the old forum, but it's only a minor quibble...
    I liked that feature as well - it made it quick and easy to see at a glance where there had been activity.

Comment

• NHTL
      • Mar 2007

Thank you to everyone for all your hard work.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

This may only be me (i.e. french frank account) but does anyone else find the logo at the top (The For3 Forum) reverting to vBulletin on every page except the homepage (Forums)? Also, the thread titles on the What's New? view show up as blue for ff, although the text below that title is red? Is french frank being discriminated against? TestAccount (= me) shows up as normal, as does FFAdminMKS.

Am I alone? I can take the truth
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• smittims
          • Aug 2022

I logged in without any problems and find it's working fine. Well done everyone. It;s good to be back.

Comment

• kernelbogey
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            This may only be me (i.e. french frank account) but does anyone else find the logo at the top (The For3 Forum) reverting to vBulletin on every page except the homepage (Forums)? Also, the thread titles on the What's New? view show up as blue for ff, although the text below that title is red? Is french frank being discriminated against? TestAccount (= me) shows up as normal, as does FFAdminMKS.

Am I alone? I can take the truth
            Not happening here ?

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

Your own posts don't seem to show up on What's New - I can see them!
              One which I posted this morning showed up via "What's New?". Has there been an adjustment or is the failure of some to turn up an intermittent bug, maybe?

Comment

• kernelbogey
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

Not happening here ?
                Hmmm.... I was going to report that I don't think I typed a question mark in my #33; lo and behold, the smiley I thought I had entered is proven by the quote (writes he, about t press Post Reply).

Comment

• Bryn
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

Hmmm.... I was going to report that I don't think I typed a question mark in my #33; lo and behold, the smiley I thought I had entered is proven by the quote (writes he, about t press Post Reply).
                  Similar problem here. I tried to post a "Rolling on the floor, laughing" emoticon at the start of a reply on the "The Eternal Breakfast Debate in a New Place​" thread but what resulted when posted was a question mark, not the emoticon.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Oh, and I am still not authorised to see "Who's Online".

Comment

• kernelbogey
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

Similar problem here. I tried to post a "Rolling on the floor, laughing" emoticon at the start of a reply on the "The Eternal Breakfast Debate in a New Place​" thread but what resulted when posted was a question mark, not the emoticon.
                      And I am surprised to get a 'notiication' (thought it mght be a PM) that 'Bryn has quoted you'!

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                        • Mar 2007

This one?

???????????????????

Comment

• Bryn
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2007

This one?

???????????????????
                          That's the icon I tried to post but when viewed via "What's New", I get a question mark (I also get a string of question marks when viewing your reply via "What's New".The relevant message is the one which reads "? When was that? I avoid the programme like the plague." when viewed via that route.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                            • Mar 2007

That's the icon I tried to post but when viewed via "What's New", I get a question mark (I also get a string of question marks when viewing your reply via "What's New".The relevant message is the one which reads "? When was that? I avoid the programme like the plague." when viewed via that route.
                            That's strange, because when I posted it they were showing. Will investigate.......

Comment

• kernelbogey
                              • Nov 2010

Yes, I too got a string of question marks originally in Andrew's #39; now it shows the emoticons.

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

That's strange, because when I posted it they were showing. Will investigate.......
                                If I view the post via "Forums", I at first get a question mark but if I try to edit, in the edit form it shows up as the chosen icon. Very strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X