X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by french frank View Post

If you go to the top right of the page, where you see your username and a small dropdown arrow, click on the dropdown and choose My Profile. There you should see a row of tabs ACTIVITIES SUBSCRIBED ABOUT MEDIA. If it's on Activities it's giving me a list of every post I've made recently in the order I made them (currently showing the two I made in the Hidden Women and my reply to Bryn about CCleaner as the last three).
    Was going to say see update to post# but there isn't a number when logged in - although there is on the "general public" viewing version, how odd.
    Anyway in theory I'm now set up to see actual recent posts

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

"Interesting" .... Looking at "Who's online now shows not only the names of users, but also what they are doing at the time.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

Was going to say see update to post# but there isn't a number when logged in - although there is on the "general public" viewing version, how odd.
        Anyway in theory I'm now set up to see actual recent posts
        Had you demurred I was going to protest 'But I've looked at your (public) Profile and all your posts are there under Activities, including the one saying you were afraid you couldn't see any tab Activities'.

And now, this very morning, having been checking regularly on the vB forum for answers to "vB5 sucks - when do we get vB6?" and been assured there were NO plans for vB6 as all efforts were going into refining vB5 - Lo! this morning they unveil vB6 . I assume we shall get it free this time but it's up to the lads whether they recommend another upheaval.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

Had you demurred I was going to protest 'But I've looked at your (public) Profile and all your posts are there under Activities, including the one saying you were afraid you couldn't see any tab Activities'.

And now, this very morning, having been checking regularly on the vB forum for answers to "vB5 sucks - when do we get vB6?" and been assured there were NO plans for vB6 as all efforts were going into refining vB5 - Lo! this morning they unveil vB6 . I assume we shall get it free this time but it's up to the lads whether they recommend another upheaval.
          Worth waiting a while for vB6 to 'bed in'? It is all to often the case that 'upgrades' have many beta version characteristics about them when launched.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

Worth waiting a while for vB6 to 'bed in'? It is all to often the case that 'upgrades' have many beta version characteristics about them when launched.
            Absolutely. And as we only upgraded to vB5 last month, and under duress (owing to the demise of FQ) - with no warning given that we were paying full price for a product to be imminently superseded - I should hope to get a substantial discount (at the very least) as well.If not a free upgrade.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

There appear to be quite severe problems with the PM system. There is a red 3 beside "Message" at the top of the page, but I cannot access the messages the 3 would seem to refer to, and messages I saw earlier today have disappeared. Also the most recent message I sent is not available, either.

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                There appear to be quite severe problems with the PM system.
                Well, vBulletin 5 was only released in 2012 [sic], so obviously they haven't had time to iron out the bugs yet . I don't make much use of it myself unless someone PMs me but I'm sure it's infuriating if it's malfunctioning in this way. I don't think there's a lot we can do about it. The new You-Can't-Delete-PMs seems farcical - I'm already over my (cumulative) quota but it still seems to work.

Comment

• cat
                  • May 2019

When logged out, there's a message on the forum homepage which states "You have been permanently banned by Administrator​" which probably isn't very welcoming to prospective members.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cat View Post
                    When logged out, there's a message on the forum homepage which states "You have been permanently banned by Administrator​" which probably isn't very welcoming to prospective members.
                    No, it isn't very welcoming. I'll log out and check for it

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Not sure what you're seeing, cat. This is the homepage (screengrab) as I saw it as an unlogged in visitor:

Comment

• Pulcinella
                        Host
                        • Feb 2014

Perhaps not really an anomaly, but certainly an appearance change, and a difference between platforms.
                        For some reason, my iPad Safari home page link for the Forum suddenly transformed into the same form as the little icon alongside the title in the header of the tab: black R3F with a red bar top and bottom.
                        The one on my main Mac though has stayed as it was: a grey square with a chestnutty red square inside and a white FoR3!

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                          Perhaps not really an anomaly, but certainly an appearance change, and a difference between platforms.
                          For some reason, my iPad Safari home page link for the Forum suddenly transformed into the same form as the little icon alongside the title in the header of the tab: black R3F with a red bar top and bottom.
                          The one on my main Mac though has stayed as it was: a grey square with a chestnutty red square inside and a white FoR3!
                          The little icon or favicon was one I made for the forum, as distinct from the website - which has a square of dark chocolate (it also has FoR3 in it but you can't actually make that out). Anomalously I sometimes see one, sometimes the other.

Comment

• cat
                            • May 2019

Not sure what you're seeing, cat. This is the homepage (screengrab) as I saw it as an unlogged in visitor:
                            It's back to normal now, but the following is what I saw earlier, on two different browsers. I suppose it must have been a transient anomaly.

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

It's back to normal now, but the following is what I saw earlier, on two different browsers. I suppose it must have been a transient anomaly.
                              Thanks. A quite inexplicable glitch then - you would see that if you had been banned (which you hadn't!). If you had been, you wouldn't have been able to log in and post your query in the first place. And if you weren't logged in, how would the system have known you were banned?

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                                • Mar 2007

Thanks. A quite inexplicable glitch then - you would see that if you had been banned (which you hadn't!). If you had been, you wouldn't have been able to log in and post your query in the first place. And if you weren't logged in, how would the system have known you were banned?
                                I wonder if cat had been allocated an ip address corresponding to a banned user? This could happen during a router restart / resynch. The message would disappear as soon as a new (non-banned) ip address was allocated, typically following a subsequent router restart/ resynch.

Comment

Working...
                                X