X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Petrushka had that problem too, it seems. My username isn't filled in. All I had to do was check the display mode and if necessary choose the Latest Activity radio button instead of Posts. The first item already filled in was Enable Private Messaging [box checked].
    I've just gone back, and in a fit of nothing venture simply deleted the errant user name, completed the form to add "Latest Activity" and saved change. It looks as if it might have worked although the proof will be what happens the next time I log in.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

"Who's online?" - > "Sorry you are not authorized to see this page"

???

Apologies if this problem has already been raised. ,

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        "Who's online?" - > "Sorry you are not authorized to see this page"

???

Apologies if this problem has already been raised. ,
        Yes, it has been raised. It's a bit embarrassing because under the old system this was turned off to hide bits of information for privacy reasons. When you clicked on the Quick Links button Who's Online was not offered. On the new system the button is visible and very rudely says "Keep Out"; and as an alternative all those online used to be listed as names in the What's Going On section at the bottom of the page. The names have been replaced by avatars - which most people haven't customised. You can hover over each avatar to get the names but, I ask myself, is this more or less convenient than it was?
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          eighthobstruction commented
          Editing a comment
          There is a great deal of info that would only be relevant to - anomalies....Now that the icons/avatars are such a dominant part of page - I encourage folk who have considered avatars *^/<*]?+_= in the past.... to take the jump and give us version of themselves...
      • Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Mine would have to be a Serial packet

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

Yes, it has been raised. It's a bit embarrassing because under the old system this was turned off to hide bits of information for privacy reasons. When you clicked on the Quick Links button Who's Online was not offered. On the new system the button is visible and very rudely says "Keep Out"; and as an alternative all those online used to be listed as names in the What's Going On section at the bottom of the page. The names have been replaced by avatars - which most people haven't customised. You can hover over each avatar to get the names but, I ask myself, is this more or less convenient than it was?
          I'd need an idiot's guide (with the emphasis on idiot) how to do an avatar.
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post

I'd need an idiot's guide (with the emphasis on idiot) how to do an avatar.
            It could probably be done from the ACP if you had a suitable small picture you could send.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
              Sincere apologies if these two queries have already been answered - but what does the warning emoji âš  an orange triangle containing an exclamation mark on the far right of the topic title mean?
              Further investigation suggests it might indicate the posts which users have themselves deleted and which remain 'soft deleted' unless an administrator deletes them permanently. There was a small icon of some sort which served the same purpose on the old forum.
              Last edited by french frank; 27-07-23, 21:03. Reason: Corrected the sequence of tenses.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Just to say that so far my fiddle with the email address glitch seems to have worked - latest posts appearing at the top of the page without effort on my part. Long may it last!

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

It could probably be done from the ACP if you had a suitable small picture you could send.
                  ACP?
                  "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post

ACP?
                    Administration Control Panel (sorry ) from where we can access Various Things.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                      Host
                      • Feb 2014

Where do the Editing comments now go? I don't see them any more. (I've just edited a post on the Carmina Burana thread to say that I wasn't able to change the font in the copy/paste bit I used from another post.)

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                        Where do the Editing comments now go? I don't see them any more. (I've just edited a post on the Carmina Burana thread to say that I wasn't able to change the font in the copy/paste bit I used from another post.)
                        Hopefully gone forever!

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                          Do we actually want the Comments function at all (it's on by default)? According to the Administration Control Panel (ACP ) it can be turned off. Far be it from me to express a preference . If turned off we could still quote or reply (may have to use the blue Post Reply button to reply without quote: I'm not sure about that).

Comment

• hmvman
                            • Mar 2007

When I look back at my posts where I've used an emoji there's just a ? instead of the emoji. They seem to be working with others' posts. Are other forum members seeing mine and I'm not? ? ('Thinking Face' emoji inserted)

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                              • Nov 2010

....feel no need for a comment mode....but would like a 'suggest' one....
                              bong ching

Comment

Working...
                              X