Prom 42: Beethoven 9 'By Heart', Aurora Orch/BBC Singers/National Youth Choir, Collon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ostuni
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    As a postscript: two more highly enthusiastic reviews from retired forumistas Richard Tarleton and ferneyhoughgeliebte persuaded me to bookmark the concert for tomorrow's listening - though it seems agreed that, as a concert/occasion, the televised version had appreciable added value.
    Sorry if this is common knowledge, but where does ferneyhoughgeliebte post reviews? I’m a less-than-regular visitor to this forum, but his were some of the posts I most valued.

Comment

• Sir Velo
      • Oct 2012

As a postscript: two more highly enthusiastic reviews from retired forumistas Richard Tarleton and ferneyhoughgeliebte persuaded me to bookmark the concert for tomorrow's listening - though it seems agreed that, as a concert/occasion, the televised version had appreciable added value
      Don't those poor benighted souls realise that Ein Heldenleben has pronounced the performance as possibly the worst ever Beethoven 9 committed to posterity?

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post

Don't those poor benighted souls realise that Ein Heldenleben has pronounced the performance as possibly the worst ever Beethoven 9 committed to posterity?
        No no ..,the worst I’ve heard which is something else entirely!

Comment

• Darkbloom
          • Feb 2015

As a postscript: two more highly enthusiastic reviews from retired forumistas Richard Tarleton and ferneyhoughgeliebte persuaded me to bookmark the concert for tomorrow's listening - though it seems agreed that, as a concert/occasion, the televised version had appreciable added value.
          I didn't realise retirement was possible on here. I thought it was like the mafia - the only way out was in a wooden box.

Comment

• hmvman
            • Mar 2007

I listened to this Prom live on R3 and watched the TV version last night and I don't think I've ever been so riveted by a performance of the 9th before. Being able to watch the performance did add to the enjoyment.

Comment

• Barbirollians
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ostuni View Post
              Sorry if this is common knowledge, but where does ferneyhoughgeliebte post reviews? I’m a less-than-regular visitor to this forum, but his were some of the posts I most valued.
              Seconded - where can these reviews be found ?

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ostuni View Post
                We correspond by email . As for Prom 42, I passed on the recommendation to my brother - an ardent Beethovenian - and he also thoroughly enjoyed it. Some may have loved it, some may have hated it, but that doesn't amount, objectively, to very good or terrible!
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• oddoneout
                  • Nov 2015

We correspond by email . As for Prom 42, I passed on the recommendation to my brother - an ardent Beethovenian - and he also thoroughly enjoyed it. Some may have loved it, some may have hated it, but that doesn't amount, objectively, to very good or terrible!
                  Aurora's performances are not to my taste so I didn't listen to this Prom, but I tend to the view that even a negative view(so long as it isn't destructive) of a concert is better than indifference.

Comment

Working...
                  X