X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Master Jacques
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post

Interesting that in both Das Lied and Ein Alpensinfonie in the end it’s all about the Berg.
    Quite so - both composers were much more at home with what they could touch and see, rather than what they couldn't.

I can't be the only person (can I?) who feels that Schumann 'nailed' Faust (Part Two) more cogently than Mahler. Scenes from Faust is a work that never ceases to inspire and amaze me, whenever I return to it.

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

K271 a “ run of the mill “ concerto ! It’s one of the greatest pieces Mozart wrote indeed anyone has ever written.

Comment

• Darkbloom
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
        K271 a “ run of the mill “ concerto ! It’s one of the greatest pieces Mozart wrote indeed anyone has ever written.
        I assumed that 'run of the mill' referred to the performance rather than the work, but I might have been mistaken.

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Darkbloom View Post

I assumed that 'run of the mill' referred to the performance rather than the work, but I might have been mistaken.
          It certainly wasn't run of the mill on SJC's part but all the poetry came from the keyboard. He may have been listening to the orchestra but they sounded on autopilot much of the time . SJC deserved better.

Comment

Working...
          X