23:00
    The Glasshouse International Centre for Music
    Sage One
    St Mary's Square
    Gateshead Quays
    Gateshead, NE8 2JR
    England

Hania Rani:
    (1) "Oltre Terra" (first performance at The Proms)
    (2) "Nostalgia" (improvised version; first performance at The Proms)

J. S. Bach: Sonata No. 3 in C for solo violin, BWV 1005 - III. Largo

Hannah Peel and Beibei Wang: "Improvisation No. 1" (first performance at The Proms)

Frankie Archer (folk song arrangement): "Peacock Followed the Hen" (first performance at The Proms)

Richard Strauss: Capriccio - Introduction (for string sextet)

Beibei Wang:
    (1) "Theatre 1" (first performance at The Proms)

Emmanuel Séjourné: "Attraction" (short version; first performance at The Proms)

Frankie Archer (folk song arrangement): "Oxford City" (first performance at The Proms)

Hania Rani:
    (3) "Dancing with Ghosts" (first performance at The Proms)
    (4) "The Boat" (first performance at The Proms)

Hannah Peel and Beibei Wang: "Improvisation No. 2" (first performance at The Proms)

Hania Rani, piano (Proms debut artist)
    Hannah Peel, presenter and synthesisers
    Beibei Wang, percussion (Proms debut artist)
    Frankie Archer, electro folk (Proms debut artist)
    Sara Mohr-Pietsch, presenter

Maria Włoszczowska, violin and leader
    Ensemble from Royal Northern Sinfonia

Sara Mohr-Pietsch and Hannah Peel present a live incarnation of Radio 3’s genre-dissolving programme Night Tracks, designed for late-night, immersive listening

Starts
    26-07-24 23:00
    Ends
    27-07-24 00:30
    Last edited by bluestateprommer; 28-07-24, 02:16. Reason: added digital program
  • bluestateprommer
    • Nov 2010

For archival purposes, the full set list of this Late Night Prom from The Glasshouse is archived, which means that, yes, I listened to this Prom so that the rest of you don't have to .

I'd actually never listened to "Night Tracks" on R3 before, perhaps out of an intuitive sense that it wasn't really my thing. Assuming that this live version is typical of the regular show, my intuition proved justified. For folks who are into the show's chill vibe, this Prom from The Glasshouse did the job, and very well. I should be fair and say that the four guest musicians are all excellent musicians. While I wouldn't be inclined to return, as once was sufficient, it was good for what it was.

Comment

• Frances_iom
      • Mar 2007

I have just had 15mins of unwanted Glasshouse (maybe some kind soul could throw a few stones) but surely this material belongs on R2 - prom 3 seems never ending + to me utterly tedious - I suspect will lose the promised Schubert.

Comment

• oddoneout
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
        I have just had 15mins of unwanted Glasshouse (maybe some kind soul could throw a few stones) but surely this material belongs on R2 - prom 3 seems never ending + to me utterly tedious - I suspect will lose the promised Schubert.
        I've just posted on the Grumble thread about this. So much for "the home of Classical music "eh?

Comment

Working...
        X