X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ein Heldenleben
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
    ....well if you want to be cheered up and get moving, or be touched and redeemed - Medieval ,Rennaiance (Early) music is what you need 365 days a year....needs its own Proms ....bums on seats though , I guess the algarythymmmm says "No"....You could fill a hall for one Prom surely (positive)....
    There’s also no (serial) Schoenberg, Berg or Webern. This is Bill Withers though in compensation

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

....I feel that we are in general, living up to Sam's view and opinion of us (R£3F)....our writings, musings, regard.....[good for us]....
      Active engaged knowledgeable listeners wanting a varied diet, rather than passive recipients of the aural equivalent of UPF*s?

Ultra Processed Foods

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

My goodness....this is just people singing....and doo wap at that....RAH....brrrfffff....
        The Kings Singers were very much seen as Derby & Joan-appealing in their early 70s heyday. One thing they were very good at (in my opinion) was a cappella Renaissance madrigals, probably inaugurating the birth of twee. I have their LP - one side of English madrigals, the other of Italian.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
          Host
          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          The Kings Singers were very much seen as Derby & Joan-appealing in their early 70s heyday. One thing they were very good at (in my opinion) was a cappella Renaissance madrigals, probably inaugurating the birth of twee. I have their LP - one side of English madrigals, the other of Italian.
          Off topic, but their excellent 1984 BBC TV "Madrigal History Tour" is available on DVD.

The King's Singers Madrigal History Tour
          First broadcast: Sun 13th May 1984, 21:20 on BBC Two England
          1: A Century of Song
          The Ducal Palace, Mantua, is the starting-point for this expert series about the 'pop' music of the High Renaissance. With a selection of songs that range from the light, witty and erotic to the passionate and heartfelt, The King's Singers outline the rise in popularity of madrigals and show how they became the rage of Europe. Emma Kirkby and the Consort of Musicke, directed by the series' musical adviser, Anthony Rooley , perform additional examples. The programme also offers a panorama of the 16th century as a prelude to the 'tour' which begins next week in France.

Comment

Working...
          X