X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Slater
    • Mar 2007

Single-page Proms Listing and pdfs

After a few adjustments my code has produced a single-page listing and a pair of printable pdf files (2-column and 3-column), which appear to be correct...

There are indexes of works and performers as well, at the end of the single page listing (accessible directly from the menu at the top of the listing page or using the links in red in this paragraph).

Links in the forum sidebar have been updated to point to the new pages.

I'll update the lists periodically to reflect any updates made by the BBC.

If anybody spots any errors or omissions, please let me know.
    Last edited by Andrew Slater; 07-07-24, 09:57. Reason: Typo corrected
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Many thanks, Andrew. Good work as usual.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• BrianWilks
      • May 2014

Thank you for this annual labour of love, Andrew - it's much appreciated. Kind regards, Brian.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
        • Mar 2007

I've just updated the listings to version 3. I'm afraid I haven't managed to find the time to analyse the changes from version 2 (nor for that matter from version 1 to version 2). I'll post the changes as soon as I find the time.

Click on these links for the single-page listing and the printable pdf files (2-column and 3-column).

There are indexes of works and performers as well, at the end of the single page listing (accessible directly from the menu at the top of the listing page or using the links in red in this paragraph).

Links in the forum sidebar also point to the new pages.

Comment

• Pulcinella
          Host
          • Feb 2014

Thanks from me too.
          Printed out to be my handy armchair guide.

I rather dislike the heading each Prom is given (but I suppose that there has to be something for marketing purposes!).

Prom 38, for example, is heralded as Stravinsky's The Firebird with the BBC SO, but in fact all we get is the 1945 suite (and it's one of four pieces scheduled that night, though perhaps the main attraction).

Comment

• Andrew Slater
            • Mar 2007

I've just updated the listings to version 4. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to find the time to analyse the changes from previous versions.

Click on these links for the single-page listing and the printable pdf files (2-column and 3-column).

Comment

• Andrew Slater
              • Mar 2007

I've just updated the listings to version 5. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to find the time to analyse the changes from previous versions.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                • Mar 2007

I've just updated the listings to version 6. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to find the time to analyse the changes from previous versions.

Comment

• french frank
                  Administrator/Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Sterling work, Andrew. Thank you
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                    • Mar 2007

I've just updated the listings to version 7. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to find the time to analyse the changes from previous versions.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
                      ILinks in the forum sidebar also point to the new pages.
                      For the benefit of those who actually look at the forum homepage these days, and the sidebar of Useful Links , rather than just What's New? on the forum chatboard.

Thanks, Andrew.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                        • Mar 2007

I've just updated the listings to version 8. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to find the time to analyse the changes from previous versions, but a quick glance suggests they are mainly changes to and / or additions of performer details.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                          • Mar 2007

I've just updated the listings to version 9. I'm afraid I still haven't managed to find the time to analyse the changes from previous versions, but a quick glance suggests again that they are mainly changes to and / or additions of performer details.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
                            • Mar 2007

Thanks to bsp for alerting me to the change to Prom 71, which wasn't picked up in the update to version 9. I've just updated the listings to version 10, which now includes the change. Unfortunately the BBC page doesn't include performer information (pianist Seong-Jin Cho), so he isn't yet included in the list of performers.

Comment

Working...
                            X