X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Blair sinks lower

Just as I thought he couldn't get any worse, he delivers a glowing eulogy for Ariel Sharon

Former UK Prime Minister and Middle East envoy Tony Blair pays tribute to Ariel Sharon at the ex-Israeli PM's memorial service in Jerusalem.
  • amateur51

"I want to make your flesh creep!"

Pass the sick bag, Alice

Comment

• ahinton
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
      Just as I thought he couldn't get any worse, he delivers a glowing eulogy for Ariel Sharon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25710124
      And he has been widely described as a "dignitary" in that rĂ´le - a misuse of English far worse than anything in said eulogy, methinks...

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

watching Fair Game on Film 4 last night brought home again just how bad the lies and manipulation was ...and Blair's role will no doubt be somewaht more transparent when Chilcot makes the light of day .... but this excellent tale made my blood boil ...
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Flosshilde
          • Nov 2010

Former British PM says Muslim Brotherhood was stealing Egypt's revolution and army intervention has put it on right path

Comment

• amateur51

I read Blair's pronouncement with undisguised disgust: its patronising self-satisfied I told you so style & message makes one wonder why it was ever thought to be a good idea that he of all people should become professionally involved in diplomatic negotiations in the area.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
              Late member
              • Nov 2010

i wonder what he could possibly say to this ...

nation building tripe ...
              According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                i wonder what he could possibly say to this ...

nation building tripe ...
                I'm lost for words
                terrible terrible

Comment

• amateur51

Time for Cherie Blair to put some spine into her husband and get him to have a word in Karzai's shell-like.

And this response from US State Dept to Israel's branding as 'antisemitic' Kerry's end-of-his-tether 'sanctions' reference ...

State department says it expects all parties in Middle East peace talks to portray accurately secretary of state's comments

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    Time for Cherie Blair to put some spine into her husband and get him to have a word in Karzai's shell-like.
                    You mean, like, "When the time comes, and you need to get out, I know of a really nice little pad in Bristol..."

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

And this response from US State Dept to Israel's branding as 'antisemitic' Kerry's end-of-his-tether 'sanctions' reference ...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...kerry-comments
                      One does hope would-be radicals would take note of this way of the Israeli Right tagging anything anti-Israeli as by definition antisemitic. Such as easy get-out.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        One does hope would-be radicals would take note of this way of the Israeli Right tagging anything anti-Israeli as by definition antisemitic. Such as easy get-out.
                        Why on earth does the west allow them to get away with this ?
                        It's not 'anti-semitic' to be opposed to the Israeli government
                        It's not 'anti-semitic' to oppose their illegal possession on nuclear weapons
                        and so on ......... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                          Part of the problem undoubtedly consists in the whole of the Israeli establishment being right wing in our terms, so there is almost nothing by way of internal opposition to differentiate out for support. We all noticed the leader of the "opposition's" eulogy for Ariel Sharon. In such instance any criticism can be read by that establishment as anti-semitic: the classic double-bind - damned if you say anything, damned if you don't - see how united as a "race" they are!

Comment

• Ariosto

I have to agree with everything that has been said. A dreadful man, a war criminal and mass murderer.

He should hang. (Just him, no one else)

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                              Agreed MrGG - I got a lot out of this sensible book

Comment

Working...
                              X