X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottycelt
    • Oct 2024

I Blame The Badgers ... Not Hard-Working Marksmen

A government minister claims "the badgers moved the goalposts" when asked why marksmen failed to kill enough to reach their cull target.
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

If Matt or someone doesn't publish a cartoon illustrating badgers moving goalposts with a neat accompanying line very soon, no one will be more surprised than yours truly! "Don't shoot the badger, he's doing his goalpost moving" almost certainly will not be that line, but...

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
      If Matt or someone doesn't publish a cartoon illustrating badgers moving goalposts with a neat accompanying line very soon, no one will be more surprised than yours truly! "Don't shoot the badger, he's doing his goalpost moving" almost certainly will not be that line, but...
      I defer to scotty - he's a very experienced mover of goalposts

Comment

• Padraig
        • Feb 2013

I thought this was going to be a badgeoke page - ah certainly tried - good effort ah!
        But, alas......

Comment

• Mr Pee
          • Nov 2010

Just tried to post a typically funny "Matt" cartoon here, but for reasons that escape me, it it verboten to post images here in the dungeon.

Anyway, it's over on the Platform 3 "Badgers in your Garden" thread:-

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Badgers would make a more effective opposition to the present government.

Comment

• ahinton
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
              Badgers would make a more effective opposition to the present government.
              But don't you think that this might risk providing even greater impetus to expand the cull to all parts of the country p.d.q.?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                Host
                • Nov 2010

A fair point.

Comment

Working...
                X