• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    You did say 'people' in the plural...
    I don't think he is alone
    and what is this ? An English language seminar ?
    Sorry your honour !

Comment

• MrGongGong
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by KipperKid View Post
      How you've managed to end up on your back foot in a discussion on Godfrey Bloom escapes me...... Lol!
      Back foot ?
      The man is a dickhead

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

I think that we should be wary of stereotyping dickheads.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          I think that we should be wary of stereotyping dickheads.
          Yep, they are just as entitled to dick their heads as any of us....free....free to be me....

....If head dicking is what he wants ....there should be grants for that sort of thing....
          bong ching

Comment

• KipperKid

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
            Back foot ?
            The man is a dickhead
            No need for that, Cali was just trying to stimulate discussion..... ;-)

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              The thought had occurred to me.

Also whether consigning the entirety of anti-EU thinkers to the common box of

isn't just as sweeping and prejudiced as admittedly idiotic talk of 'bongo bongo land'
              Yes accusations of prejudice can be rather subjective, Cal ... and you are, of course, absolutely correct!

However, pro-EU sentiment appears to be a bit thin on the ground in the UK these days, no doubt due in major part to the overwhelming 'anti' of the British press. How else can most people get at the facts instead of the almost incessant anti-EU tabloid and even 'broadsheet' hysteria?

Therefore, I find it somewhat difficult to feel any degree of sympathy for 'special pleading' on behalf of apparently majority Eurosceptic opinion!

Do you agree MrGG ... ?

Comment

• umslopogaas
                • Nov 2010

Mr GG, you ask "is it not more than a little idiotic to say these things?"

A fair question, but maybe not so idiotic if by saying them you confirm your support to the people who financially support you, or to those with big boots and nasty attitudes who will come and kick the s**t out of people who oppose those financiers.

I'm a bit worried about KipperKid's sudden utterances on this subject, but they have significant content and cant be ignored. This guy (the politician, not KK) is not an idiot: he has vile - to me - agendas, but he knows the gallery in his theatre and he is playing to it with at least average political skill.

The far right is vile, for sure, but it cannot be exterminated and should not be dismissed. Ever since Hitler they have been mostly on the back foot, but they havent changed. After all, one of Adolf's finest adversaries said something like "those who forget history are condemned to relive it." (I think it was Jean-Paul Sartre, but dont quote me).

Comment

• MrGongGong
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post

Therefore, I find it somewhat difficult to feel any degree of sympathy for 'special pleading' on behalf of apparently majority Eurosceptic opinion!

Do you agree MrGG ... ?
                  yes

Comment

• KipperKid

Originally posted by umslopogaas View Post
                    I'm a bit worried about KipperKid's sudden utterances on this subject, but they have significant content and cant be ignored.
                    After nearly two years on this forum I am at last getting the recognition I deserve.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

After nearly two years on this forum I am at last getting the recognition I deserve.
                      and in less time than it takes to listen to half a dozen Rick Wakeman albums.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• KipperKid

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        and in less time than it takes to listen to half a dozen Rick Wakeman albums.
                        Or the entire back-catalogue of the well known post-punk band 'The Sudden Utterances'.

Comment

• KipperKid

wheredatpostgo? :whistle

Comment

• mangerton
                            • Nov 2010

A colleague pointed out this fine piece of band-wagon-jumping to me today.

Is this idiot Bloom any relation to the washing machine Bloom?

Comment

• KipperKid

Originally posted by mangerton View Post
                              A colleague pointed out this fine piece of band-wagon-jumping to me today.

Is this idiot Bloom any relation to the washing machine Bloom?
                              Bit worrying. Spending a billion pounds a month on overseas aid while we are making NHS staff redundant and cutting vital social services. Especially if it's true that the money is being spent on military weapons in Pakistan and Argentina.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

wheredatpostgo? :whistle
                                I suddenly felt tired and deleted myself :winkeye: It was merely an idle tease...
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X