• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
    If "people" are misconstruing your points, perhaps you could make them a little more clearly; I for one couldn't make out what your argument was.
    I have a feeling that we are not meant to Richard.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      I have a feeling that we are not meant to Richard.
      Is 'Richard' a verb in this context?

If so, please feel free to Richard-on.

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
        Is 'Richard' a verb in this context?

If so, please feel free to Richard-on.
        The point of my message duly amplified. Thank you. More smoke and mirrors.

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Bump - otherwise the thread would have been lost, with the latest posts being moved to the new thread of Community and Democracy.
          Last edited by french frank; 22-06-13, 11:20.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
            The answer is not to just give up and hand over sovereignty to a World or European authority
            I suggested nothing of the kind, nor would I recommend it - but when a nation lets its citizens down in such ways, there needs to be some kind of higher authority to ensure the appropriate countermanding of such laxity.

Comment

• Beef Oven

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
              I suggested nothing of the kind, nor would I recommend it - but when a nation lets its citizens down in such ways, there needs to be some kind of higher authority to ensure the appropriate countermanding of such laxity.
              This is on another thread now. Interesting reply, but I will respond on the community & democracy thread.

Comment

• zoomy
                • Jan 2011

It will be interesting to see how far this right to claim for damages actually goes. The state is always keen to present the families of these soldiers as being in support of the troops and their regiment etc and pressured to say their loved ones died stoically in heroic circumstances with their local commander providing suporting platitudes etc. But this ruling may change that a bit and help to provide a truer reflection of how these families really do feel after their loved onces have died in these circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                X