X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Segilla
    • Nov 2010

Le parc Monceau, Paris

A little-known gem which is a bit out of the way, but well worth a visit.

and

Berlioz used to visit towards the end of his life. (See Cairns biography of Berlioz, Vol 2).
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Interesting - thanks, Segilla. I think the closest I've been seems to be the gare St-Lazare! It looks very attractive, less formal than the Luxembourg
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      Interesting - thanks, Segilla. I think the closest I've been seems to be the gare St-Lazare! It looks very attractive, less formal than the Luxembourg
      Still pretty formal - Don't sit on the grass or you will be whistled at in no uncertain manner, by the patrolling authorities!

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
        Still pretty formal - Don't sit on the grass or you will be whistled at in no uncertain manner, by the patrolling authorities!
        Et pourquoi pas? If people don't know how to behave in public. Sitting on the grass, indeed! They'll be kicking a football around next
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
        X