• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

24 hour news over-stretch!

This made it onto the BBC national (England) section of today's news!!

I ask ya?
    :

"A swimming pool in Shropshire is reopening following a £1m refurbishment.

Newport pool has been closed since October while its changing rooms were upgraded and the existing building extended to create a new gym.

The new changing rooms have improved facilities for families and people with disabilities.

The work was paid for by Telford and Wrekin Council's Invest to Save scheme.

The new gym will open on 15 March."

A swimming pool reopens after a £1m refurbishment improved facilities for families and people with disabilities.
    Last edited by Beef Oven!; 03-03-14, 10:26.
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Obviously a quiet news day? (as they say)
    It's not as if there might possibly something of huge international significance going on somewhere, is it?

(do they have closets for you to put your skeleton in while you go swimming?)

Comment

• Beef Oven!
      Ex-member
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
      It's not as if there might possibly something of huge international significance going on somewhere, is it?
      When I'm chewing on my omelette and toast and marmalade (scrambled eggs today btw, and I put too much salt in, not sure how that happened, has never happened before, I don't think), I don't want to read about what Johnnie Foreigner is up to in far-flung places like Calais or the Crimea, I want to know what's going on in my country - surely there's more going on than a re-opening of a bloody swimming pool in Shropshire for Chrissakes!! What's happened to this country!?

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
        I don't want to read about what Johnnie Foreigner is up to in far-flung places like Calais or the Crimea, I want to know what's going on in my country -
        I have a growing feeling that we might be off down the cellar
        BUT would like to point out that according to the kipper geography department, Calais IS in the UK.

There's a pigeon in my garden.
        There you go, LOCAL news for LOCAL people

You didn't mention you and Mrs Beef were in the paper though?

Here's the photo

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

that is what happens when media outlets just regurgitate (sorry about the scambled eggs beefy) government press releases.
          You get similar things going on with regard to important issues like the privatisation of the NHS.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Ferretfancy
            • Nov 2010

Most TV news is not news, merely speculation. Channel 4 last night was a classic example, when nearly all of a twenty minute bulletin was about the Ukraine.
            Nobody, not even Lindsay Hilsum, who was in the Crimea had any hard information. What we got was a bunch of experts in the studio arguing about what Putin would do next, and shots of scared looking troops standing around in the cold streets. If news gatherers cannot tell us anything, they should refrain.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

I have a growing feeling that we might be off down the cellar
              BUT would like to point out that according to the kipper geography department, Calais IS in the UK.

There's a pigeon in my garden.
              There you go, LOCAL news for LOCAL people

You didn't mention you and Mrs Beef were in the paper though?
              Mess with me by all means, but Mrs Oven! will give you a slap if you say she looks like that!!

Anyway, onto business. So, I see you want to talk about the UKIP again. You and ahinton and some others lose no opportunity to open the subject.

UKIP is the new force in British politics, it's no big deal. Get over it and stop using this forum as a UKIP publicity campaign!!!

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

... UKIP is the new force in British politics, it's no big deal. ...
                I'll put that force/farce slip down to your lysdexia.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                  Ex-member
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                  I'll put that force/farce slip down to your lysdexia.
                  Bryn want to talk about the UKIP now!!

Farce, force? I should think that the UKIP don't mind, so long as you're all talking about them.

Myself, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    You get similar things going on with regard to important issues like the privatisation of the NHS.

Comment

• MrGongGong
                      • Nov 2010

Myself, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

You really have lost weight dramatically, what's your secret ?

Comment

• Gordon
                        • Nov 2010

... btw, and I put too much salt in, not sure how that happened, has never happened before, I don't think..
                        Surely the nation needs to hear about that Beefy!! Good health message too about too much salt - cut to discussion with saline expert from a salt mine somewhere in Siberia.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                          Ex-member
                          • Sep 2013

You really have lost weight dramatically, what's your secret ?

On form today, aren't we MrGG?

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                            Ex-member
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                            Surely the nation needs to hear about that Beefy!! Good health message too about too much salt - cut to discussion with saline expert from a salt mine somewhere in Siberia.
                            Did I ever tell you about the time my library books were overdue?

It started out just like any other day. I went downstairs to get the post off the mat and there was a.......................................

Comment

• Gordon
                              • Nov 2010

Did I ever tell you about the time my library books were overdue?

It started out just like any other day. I went downstairs to get the post off the mat and there was a.......................................
                              Brilliant idea for a no-news day!! Start a piece off and then get the punters to finish it via Tweets, Emails, phone-ins and texts!!

Is there a prize for getting the answer? I think I'm going to regret asking.....

Comment

Working...
                              X