• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamba
    Late member
    • Dec 2010

Belated Apologies to Many of You.

I am very sorry for totally disregarding the ' Private Messages ' heading.

Items would have been lying there for weeks, months, years possibly, if I hadn't re-discovered them today. I just don't register some things.

Thank you anyway to those who have sent some kind, interesting & really worthwhile items of information.

Will try & compensate by telling a tale ( shortly ) of a day spent in the company of the finest harpsichordist in the land ! ( ' tis true )

Profuse apologies all round,

gamba
  • Tony Halstead
    • Nov 2010

the finest harpsichordist in the land !
    who was, undoubtedly, before he sadly departed this life in 1997, my wonderful teacher GEORGE MALCOLM.
    A complete Renaissance Man: harpsichordist, pianist, arranger, composer, conductor ( assistant conductor of the BBC Scottish Orchestra where I first met him in the 1960s).

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Tony View Post
      who was, undoubtedly
      Just as long as we're not starting 'harpsichordist wars', our Tony

gamba, it must have been a bit like uncovering some old manucripts in the dusty corner of a library. Or perhaps a message-in-a-bottle, written in 1933, to which the sender is still patiently waiting for a reply ...
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• gamba
        Late member
        • Dec 2010

F/f I'm afraid I just felt rather ashamed at not having replied to these friendly people

Also, should have mentioned harpsichordist was a lady - ultimately, a true lady. There you are, have now given the game away. More anon.
        Last edited by gamba; 12-02-14, 10:57.

Comment

Working...
        X