X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Slater
    • Mar 2007

Drop-outs on FM

I've been noticing occasional very short drop-outs (probably a few tens of milliseconds - but I haven't measured them) over the last two or three weeks on R3, on several radios, so it's not a faulty set. It could be my local transmitter (Holme Moss), but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed similar effects.
  • Frances_iom
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
    I've been noticing occasional very short drop-outs ..
    I've had the same both in Peel and in Guildford - in both places I'm usually tuned to a local repeater - I've always assumed they were drop outs on the path to the repeater (possibly aircraft reflections tho those are usually very distinctive or possibly reflections from large vans which I have noticed when trying to receive long distance(Northern Ireland) freeview radio some years ago in Peel.

Comment

• HARRIET HAVARD

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
      I've been noticing occasional very short drop-outs (probably a few tens of milliseconds - but I haven't measured them) over the last two or three weeks on R3, on several radios, so it's not a faulty set. It could be my local transmitter (Holme Moss), but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed similar effects.
      I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but a few weeks ago on a Sunday morning when listening to radio3 on FM, when the pieces were being played they sounded as though their CD player was mistracking. This was happening on various radios in the house. Sent an email to radio3 with the details. They said they had had no other complaints, and no reports of transmitter problems. They said they had listened to their recorded section of the programme, but detected no problems. Have not had the problem since.

Comment

• Andrew Slater
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HARRIET HAVARD View Post
        I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but a few weeks ago on a Sunday morning when listening to radio3 on FM, when the pieces were being played they sounded as though their CD player was mistracking. This was happening on various radios in the house. Sent an email to radio3 with the details. They said they had had no other complaints, and no reports of transmitter problems. They said they had listened to their recorded section of the programme, but detected no problems. Have not had the problem since.
        Yes, that sort of thing - very short breaks. It's happening now with the live concert (14/02/14 at 20:29). I'll record a sample and try to submit it (or a plot of it) to the relevant interested (?) people.

Comment

Working...
        X