X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Slater
    • Mar 2007

Modes on Classic FM

Which programme on R3 would you listen to to find out about the modes? That's a trick question - of course nobody wants to know about things like that on the New Radio 3, do they? They will switch off in droves! Not a commercial proposition, etc.

Well ..... Catherine Bott is discussing them over on Classic FM in her programme Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Classical Music.

Classic FM poaching R3's territory? It would have been at one time, but not now ....

Well done, Ms. Bott!
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
    Which programme on R3 would you listen to to find out about the modes? That's a trick question - of course nobody wants to know about things like that on the New Radio 3, do they? They will switch off in droves! Not a commercial proposition, etc.

Well ..... Catherine Bott is discussing them over on Classic FM in her programme Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Classical Music.

Classic FM poaching R3's territory? It would have been at one time, but not now ....

Well done, Ms. Bott!

Sorely missed on R3

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post

Sorely missed on R3
      I hope she's appreciated.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• amateur51

Brava Catherine!

I'm very pleased to see that you're throwing down the gauntlet to Radio 3!

Comment

• Frances_iom
          • Mar 2007

I heard a couple of adverts for COTW on R4 over last few days - KD in best 'oh so knowing' school marm voice with Donald Mcloud rehashing last weeks Schubert - maybe RW thinks that what few educative programmes he has allowed to remain should be pushed now that the Trust needs to respond to CFm - either that or my own guess is that COTW is about to be 'popularised' and judging from previous programme makeovers maybe KD can fill the presenter's slot

Comment

Working...
          X