X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Project Nim

I'm not quite sure what adjectives could be used to describe this film....I can only say that it brought from me....wonder, anger, and two different types of tears....it was followed last night by a programme about Ai WeiWei documenting the months after his release from 3 months in a bizarre solitary confinement when he was monitored by 2 soldiers in his cell at all times....http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...f/Project_Nim/
    bong ching
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

i saw the Weiwei film and was struck yet again by his quality as an artist and citizen of the planet

i howled when his American visitor kept saying 'you mean give the gold away?'

the other nim
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

just watched Project Nim; it is emotionally overwhelming and makes the strongest case for leaving and protecting primates in the wild

as shocking as human slavery; i will always regard stoner fans of the Grateful Dead with very different eyes from now on

brilliant movie eighthO thanks for the pointer
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Yes it was certainly as you say....I've been thinking about the two programmes all day....Ref Ai WeiWei, I guess they were so worried that he would possibly self-harm [and the martyr that would create] that the 2 soldiers were there to stop that happening....[+ the oppressive power too ....obviously]
        bong ching

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

Yes, Nim, COMPLETELY heartbreaking, how the man who took him into his family home for years could simply ship him back to a cage and walk away. No wonder some of the animal carers were so upset. Doesn't matter how "clever" you are, your attitude to animals reveals the heart - the core of your humanity.

It's the same with those poor Californian Orcas too. It just HAS to end.

Comment

Working...
          X