X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

For fun
    Here I am, just returned from a family get together - every Christmas morning since can't remember when. We go there , they come here - you know the sort of thing? Anyway, I've been there and now I'm here, continuing to imbibe the odd beer and waiting to go there for our Christmas dinner, due at 018.30 Irish time. I'm feeling good, I love everybody, I'm looking forward to another family do, and I'm wondering if all of you are feeling in a similar mood to share.

No, you don't have to text, twitter, or even reply in print.

Just a notion for whoever it appeals to.
  • Ferretfancy
    • Nov 2010

Yes, I'm feeling a nice warm glow, and I've managed to score a first this year, after many Christmases. I gave my partner the same present that he gave me! Red faces all round, but I expect I'll be able to exchange it!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

It's been a lovely Christmas, everyone happy with what I got for them, a couple of old friends got in touch, gorgeous dinner - and there's still Dr Who with a dram of 17 yr-old Bladnoch single malt to come. Warm glows to everyone.

(Oh: and the M R James double bill later, too!)
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
        • Nov 2010

Reminds me of an old New Yorker cartoon (or it may have been MAD) which I've updated slightly. 'Ah, a pair of monster slippers. Just what I've always wanted. What's this? A festive 3D Xmas jumper? Just what I've always wanted. Oh and look, an antlers hunting hat ... But even better - an Exchange Counter!'

Today I have a Xmas Solo and have been catching up on some photo editing and the like, but now, those jobs done I'm embarking on a mini-banquet. The story so far ...

A G&T with the Queen's Speech (not in real time, obvs) followed by a top up. Well, it's what her mother would have wanted! Very good show, I thought. Nice sentiments and expressed with sincerity. I can remember the early days of the autocue when here eyes would work, left-right, across the screen and she still spoke a bit rind-abite-a-tisind-pinds.

Just finished my salmon parcels with Irish soda bread and a crisp, which wine. Next up, an a orinental dinner courtesy of my mate, Johnny S'bury and an over-rich Jacob's Creek which was was touch on the cold side but I've hit on a novel way to advance the chambre-ing.

My best wishes to all on here and trusting that you've had a pleasant day.

Stephen aka. SHB

ps. Oh, and I should add ... I enjoyed two terrific listens on the iPlayer which I recommend to those that may have missed them:

John Lloyd, comedy producer par excellence on an hour long edition of With Great Pleasure and Julian Bream being visited by SR. I was a great fan of his when I was a youngster and he still is such a good spirit. He doesn't play now by he did strum a few bars and that wonderful, reverberative sound is still there.
        Last edited by Stillhomewardbound; 25-12-13, 20:18.

Comment

• Padraig
          • Feb 2013

Thank you all.
          It's hard to convey feelings, is it not?
          I thank you for trying and for responding, and in return I retire satisfied that I asked and received.
          I think of the voices that cry out and are not heard and I feel guilty.

Comment

• Petrushka
            • Nov 2010

A different Christmas from previous years after the loss of my father last month but it's good that we are one of those families that sticks together and isn't at loggerheads. My dear sister and I got each other the same Christmas present but we are like that and it's not so surprising. Knowing laughter ensued anyway. Nice family get-together, smashing lunch followed by a snooze and party games.

Present heaven with many CDs and books I'd bought for myself plus some lovely presents from family and friends. What's not to like about Christmas Day?
            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

We did late evening carol singing around a log fire in the back garden with family and friends. That's real social networking.

Comment

Working...
              X