The R3 Forum Panto: auditions and casting OPEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Did somebody call ... ?
    Perfick!

Comment

• Ferretfancy
      • Nov 2010

If there's a requirement for a pantomime cow, I have plenty of handling experience. In Hendon a few years ago, I helped with a local production of Babes in the Wood, and after the brief run had ended I was asked to take Gertrude back to the costume shop in Covent Garden. She travelled in a very small sack, and on the Northern Line from Golders Green onwards, her udders kept falling out. Things like that seem to happen to me.

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
        If there's a requirement for a pantomime cow, I have plenty of handling experience. In Hendon a few years ago, I helped with a local production of Babes in the Wood, and after the brief run had ended I was asked to take Gertrude back to the costume shop in Covent Garden. She travelled in a very small sack, and on the Northern Line from Golders Green onwards, her udders kept falling out. Things like that seem to happen to me.
        Surely it must happen to udders as well.....

Comment

• mangerton
          • Nov 2010

If there's to be a cow, I can let you have a cow-related joke:

You pass a herd of cows in a field. Which one is on holiday?
          It's the one with the wee calf.

(OK, it only works in the vernacular, and even then it's not brilliant.)

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
            Did you notice how lots of people enjoyed themselves helping you put them back. It was an udders feeled festival.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Did you notice how lots of people enjoyed themselves helping you put them back. It was an udders feeled festival.
              Got to lay it on the company again...

In 'Uddersfield,
              In 'Uddersfield,
              There were a cow that wouldn't yield...
              The reason why she wouldn't yield?
              She didn't like 'er udders feel'd...
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                • Nov 2010

Some interesting stuff bubbling here....and a daarling idea....
                In my extensive research ref Grimaldi, Harlequin, and Columbine....plus much use of the slapstick in my everyday life....I favour a production something like Ubu Roi (for surely Ubu Roi is only a different type of panto) or at least something anarchic with a taste for the bizarre and no objective intention.... Of course, much use should be made of those old panto standbys - the 3Kn's - which of course should be put into the mouths of those most unlikely to use them (and should be shouted....)....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FznOszLTsfg
                Luckily I am in a lull in work at the moment as I am currently in the process of scraping glue from my feet after mixing 14 baths of paper mache for my one-man show of The Sound of Music. The mountain has to be built somehow for the big production number Climb Every Mountain, with the added problem that it must be carried around the country on the roofrack of a Peugeot 406 Estate .
                As you must by now know, I have a hidden high brow chip on my shoulder that only a few know about....also I do not play an instrument to almost any degree....but 40 years and more of hedonism, bacchanalia, and debauchery may hold me in good stead while being High on a Hill with a Lonely Goatherd....
                bong ching

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                  Some interesting stuff bubbling here....and a daarling idea....
                  In my extensive research ref Grimaldi, Harlequin, and Columbine....plus much use of the slapstick in my everyday life....I favour a production something like Ubu Roi (for surely Ubu Roi is only a different type of panto) or at least something anarchic with a taste for the bizarre and no objective intention.... Of course, much use should be made of those old panto standbys - the 3Kn's - which of course should be put into the mouths of those most unlikely to use them (and should be shouted....)....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FznOszLTsfg
                  Luckily I am in a lull in work at the moment as I am currently in the process of scraping glue from my feet after mixing 14 baths of paper mache for my one-man show of The Sound of Music. The mountain has to be built somehow for the big production number Climb Every Mountain, with the added problem that it must be carried around the country on the roofrack of a Peugeot 406 Estate .
                  As you must by now know, I have a hidden high brow chip on my shoulder that only a few know about....also I do not play an instrument to almost any degree....but 40 years and more of hedonism, bacchanalia, and debauchery may hold me in good stead while being High on a Hill with a Lonely Goatherd....
                  I hope all this does not preclude the traditional wall papering sketch, eighthO?
                  Last edited by Guest; 25-11-13, 18:28. Reason: trypos

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

No it only makes it more likely....recycling the glue as I write....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wx7UeTXfw
                    bong ching

Comment

• Don Petter

No it only makes it more likely....recycling the glue as I write....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39wx7UeTXfw
                      That takes me back! But shouldn't it have been on gloutube?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                        That takes me back! But shouldn't it have been on gloutube?
                        .....perhaps I should have suggested UHU Roi....
                        bong ching

Comment

• Don Petter

.....perhaps I should have suggested UHU Roi....
                          And covered yourself in gloy?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                            And covered yourself in gloy?
                            ....I can see we are bonding Don.....
                            bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

....I can see we are bonding Don.....
                              lets hope nobody makes a Pritt of themselves, and that everybody adheres to the rules.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                lets hope nobody makes a Pritt of themselves, and that everybody adheres to the rules.
                                Prehaps we could get Julian Clary to reprise his "Sticky Moments"?

A live broadcast of Sticky Moments, from around about 11:30pm on Sunday 31st December 1989.

Comment

Working...
                                X