• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Stephen Furber -designer of the ARM chip

Stephen Furber, who led the team designing the ARM chip, used in so many phones and other devices worldwide, was in my sister's class in the local primary school. He was exceptionally clever then, but who would have thought his work would go on to be so life-changing?

There must be many instances of posters having been brought up with people who became famous later.
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
    There must be many instances of posters having been brought up with people who became famous later.
    I was in the same class at school as a girl called Stephanie Cole. She had this notion she wanted to be an actress (I was in a play with her - she had one of the two lead roles, I played a student who didn't say much but was stabbed in a student altercation and had to roll down a few stairs, off the stage on to the floor in front of the audience. I didn't enjoy my part much). She was very good even then - mid teens.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Frances_iom
      • Mar 2007

was at primary school and at time friendly with late Peter Postlewaite (who in later life was almost the spitting image of his father as I remember him) tho post 11plus our ways diverged - he developed his acting talent as head altarboy at local Benedictine church(maybe one example of Catholic upbringing nuturing talent from an early age).

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
        Famous or infamous?

Comment

Working...
        X