X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frances_iom
    • Mar 2007

A simple suggestion re bb

would it be possible to move any thread originated (and usually mostly populated) by bb to the Politics + CA thread - that way they can continue to post (tho I believe was once banned for spamming) but those who search via new messages effectively place him on ignore and those who wish can seek him out with the gay old bunch.
  • Stillhomewardbound
    • Nov 2010

I think such a suggestion is putting the mods in an unfair position. They act as guardians in this place. Shepherds if you like, but what you envisage would have them acting more like censors or securitate.

The solution is actually in your own post. You say move them to another place. A place where those who wish to ignore them, can do so. Well, there you have it. You can ignore them as successfully here on Platform 3, as anywhere else. If certain members are irritating to you (and that's entirely understandable as I maintain a small 'off the Christmas card' list of my own) then just don't go there.

One of the great difficulties of forums and boards across the entire internet is the cloak of anonymity and it is routinely abused to the extent that one poster will savage another and be offensive in such a way that they would never get away with, were it, say, on an evening down at the Dog & Duck.

We know who the usual suspects are and how they positively relish the opportunity to wind people up, but the only coping mechanism can be to ignore them, and I'm inclined to apply the same code to those that would lock horns with them.
    Last edited by Stillhomewardbound; 29-10-13, 02:18.

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stillhomewardbound View Post
      I think such a suggestion is putting the mods in an unfair position. They act as guardians in this place. Shepherds if you like, but what you envisage would have them acting more like censors or securitate.

The solution is actually in your own post. You say move them to another place. A place where those who wish to ignore them, can do so. Well, there you have it. You can ignore them as successfully here on Platform 3, as anywhere else. If certain members are irritating to you (and that's entirely understandable as I maintain a small 'off the Christmas card' list of my own) then just don't go there.

One of the great difficulties of forums and boards across the entire internet is the cloak of anonymity and it is routinely abused to the extent that one poster will savage another and be offensive in such a way that they would never get away with, were it, say, on an evening down at the Dog & Duck.

We know who the usual suspects are and how they positively relish the opportunity to wind people up, but the only coping mechanism can be to ignore them, and I'm inclined to apply the same code to those that would lock horns with them.
      I'd agree with this. Once I recognised bb's style (didn't take more than a few seconds) I knew instantly who it was. I haven't looked since.

The only quibble I have is that bb has been banned twice (I think) in previous guises and I just wish there was some mechanism to prevent such posters coming on here again.
      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Flosshilde
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
        the gay old bunch.
        ?

(I could say "less of the 'old', thank you", but I do have to face facts)

Comment

• jean
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Whatever guise he appears in, bb seems pretty harmless to me.

Comment

• Stillhomewardbound
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
            ?

(I could say "less of the 'old', thank you", but I do have to face facts)

Yerrss, sticks and stones may break my bones, but how DARE anyone call me old!

Comment

Working...
            X