"I can't do this job without a little grass" - N Kennedy Esq.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by barwickgreen View Post
    The lives of the poor have been made even worse by the spread of drugs. Decriminalising them will make this worse, yet every liberal I know thinks it sound common sense. That is because they are middle class and know nothing of the hard end of life. They got away with it, enjoy it and don't want their own children crimininalised, so they think the less fortunate can get away with it. The result is the hoodie-infested urban landscapes that people like Clegg, Cameron and Miliband have never seen without a bodyguard.

Surveys: I have read more than several news reports saying that the percentage of people presenting with schizophrenic symptoms have risen in recent years and of those patients a very high proportion have been using the potent form of marijuana known as skunk.
    Excellent observations and well said.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by barwickgreen View Post
      The lives of the poor have been made even worse by the spread of drugs. Decriminalising them will make this worse, yet every liberal I know thinks it sound common sense. That is because they are middle class and know nothing of the hard end of life. They got away with it, enjoy it and don't want their own children crimininalised, so they think the less fortunate can get away with it. The result is the hoodie-infested urban landscapes that people like Clegg, Cameron and Miliband have never seen without a bodyguard.

Surveys: I have read more than several news reports saying that the percentage of people presenting with schizophrenic symptoms have risen in recent years and of those patients a very high proportion have been using the potent form of marijuana known as skunk.
      While not disagreeing with your remarks about the impact of drugs on the lives of poor people, it is a paradox that the lives of a lot of 'rich kids' get screwed up by drugs too. Yes they can afford them but sometimes they afford too much too easily and slide well over the edge.

Another issue as yet unresolved as far as I know is whether skunk-type marijuana causes the schizophrenia mentioned or does it cause a latent potential for mental health problems to become manifest? The end result for the drug user may be nether here nor there, but it would be interesting to know, in terms of treatment and prevention.

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

Can this be transferred to politics and current affairs ? I don't see why one should have to read nonsense about liberal commentariats In platform 3 .

As much as I despise drugs and those who peddle them - I don't see the need for cheap political points and if this is a political thread it should be sent to that board.

Comment

• Flosshilde
          • Nov 2010

Oh dear.

Comment

• Richard Barrett

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            if this is a political thread it should be sent to that board
            Of course it's a political thread! Any discussion of "illicit substances" is eventually going to get down to who makes them illicit and why. Which is a political question. "Decriminalisation would make it worse." That doesn't seem to have happened in Portugal (where it became law in 2001) or the Czech Republic (2009), to name two European countries which have taken that route in recent years.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
              Gone fishin'
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
              "Decriminalisation would make it worse." That doesn't seem to have happened in Portugal (where it became law in 2001) or the Czech Republic (2009), to name two European countries which have taken that route in recent years.
              Though, in fairness to barwickgreen, s/he did admit that such a statement was made after only "a minute's thought".
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Barrett

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                Though, in fairness to barwickgreen, s/he did admit that such a statement was made after only "a minute's thought".
                So was mine!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                  Ex-member
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  From the context I took it to mean legalisation anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X