X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Friends of mine who are fans of The Seagulls, say, we definitely going up this time and I keep on saying sssssshhhhh!!!!!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Didn't see this coming,maybe gurnemanz did

Crystal Palace 3 Arsenal 0 Forum derby,Eagles led 1-0 at the break,then scored 2 more in 5 2nd half mins,6 points clear of the bottom 3,Gunners run of top 4 finishes in danger,now 7 points adrift

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

One of the best results for the Eagles. Vindication for the appointment of Big Sam. Despite the recent revival, I wouldn't have predicted it. I missed it live on TV while singing in our local choir but surreptitiously checked the half-time score with some amazement and passed it on to a fellow bass who is a fanatical Bolton supporter. He wished us all the best but commented that he would have preferred Arsenal to win because he is vehemently anti-Man U and wanted Gunners to be ahead of them. I had recorded the match and gleefully watched some key bits of it when I got home.

Comment

• John Wright
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
          Coventry City 1 Peterborough United 0 Scored early in the 2nd half,3 wins from last 4 league games,safe for another week
          Yep. If Cov lose another game they are down to League 2 or 'the old 4th Division' - we were last in that division in 1958-59 !
          - - -

John W

Comment

• Lat-Literal
            • Aug 2015

Didn't see this coming,maybe gurnemanz did

Crystal Palace 3 Arsenal 0 Forum derby,Eagles led 1-0 at the break,then scored 2 more in 5 2nd half mins,6 points clear of the bottom 3,Gunners run of top 4 finishes in danger,now 7 points adrift
            The less said about that Arsenal performance the better.

Elsewhere, Tony Adams has just been made Head Coach of Granada until the end of the season.

They are 19th in La Liga and likely to be relegated.

York City are also 19th in the National League and slightly less likely to be relegated.

Martin Keown is currently in television.

Comment

• Alison
              • Nov 2010

Well done Mr John Corrigan!!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lat-Literal View Post
                The less said about that Arsenal performance the better.

Elsewhere, Tony Adams has just been made Head Coach of Granada until the end of the season.

They are 19th in La Liga and likely to be relegated.

York City are also 19th in the National League and slightly less likely to be relegated.

Martin Keown is currently in television.
                York have done so well after spending such a big chunk of the season in the drop zone,let's hope they can survive and don't forget Lat they are in the FA Trophy final too.

More good news this evening

Morton 1 St Mirren 4 Magnificent away win,level 1-1 at the break,scored twice early in the 2nd half and added a late 4th,4 wins out of last 5 games and out of the relegation zone
                Macclesfield Town 3 Maidstone United 0 Took the lead in the 1st min then scored twice in the last 4 mins including a pen,6 points outside the play offs

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  Well done Mr John Corrigan!!

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

wow, a 4-1 win at the soap dodgers, and out of the doomed bottom howevermany.
                    Doesn't get much better than that.
                    Pints of heavy all round.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                      • Aug 2015

York have done so well after spending such a big chunk of the season in the drop zone,let's hope they can survive and don't forget Lat they are in the FA Trophy final too.

More good news this evening

Morton 1 St Mirren 4 Magnificent away win,level 1-1 at the break,scored twice early in the 2nd half and added a late 4th,4 wins out of last 5 games and out of the relegation zone
                      Macclesfield Town 3 Maidstone United 0 Took the lead in the 1st min then scored twice in the last 4 mins including a pen,6 points outside the play offs
                      Thanks Rob.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

I'm hoping the this evening's rescheduled Champions' League match goes smoothly, following the shocking events in Germany yesterday.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                          I'm hoping the this evening's rescheduled Champions' League match goes smoothly, following the shocking events in Germany yesterday.
                          Yes indeed,although Dortmund were unhappy with being forced to play the game so soon after the attack.
                          I think they did very well under the circumstances.

In Forum news

Champions League quarter final 1st leg

Atletico Madrid 1 Leicester City 0 Conceded via a controversial 1st half pen,backs to the wall performance kept the score down,the boy Griezmann is some player isn't he ? wow

League game

Fort William 4 Strathspey Thistle 1 Scored twice in each half and conceded one just before half time,1st win in goodness knows how long and off the bottom

Comment

• John Wright
                            • Mar 2007

Coventry are down. Old div 4 where we were in 1959.

I wouldn't like to be a steward there right at this minute.....
                            - - -

John W

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
                              Coventry are down. Old div 4 where we were in 1959.

I wouldn't like to be a steward there right at this minute.....
                              Yes just seen that John,what a shame

Fixtures all over the place this long weekend and a busy one for me so maybe not as much detail in the round up.
                              Some fixtures this evening,including SCFC,and lots of Forum derby matches.

Thursday

Europa League quarter final 1st leg

Anderlecht 1 Manchester United 1 Got the away goal but conceded a late equaliser

Friday

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Cardiff City 0 Late winner,holding on to a play off place
                              Coventry City 1 Charlton Athletic 1 Led at the break,relegated
                              Gillingham 3 Bristol Rovers 1 From 1-1 conceded 2 in added time,losing touch with the play offs
                              Swindon Town 0 Wimbledon 0 Set for mid table finish
                              Exeter City 2 Barnet 1 2-0 up after 6 mins,up to 5th
                              Hartlepool United 1 Carlisle United 1 Behind at the break,1 point above the relegation zone
                              Solihull Moors 1 York City 2 All the goals in the 1st half,back to back wins,outside the relegation zone on goal difference
                              Woking 1 Macclesfield Town 0 lost to a 2nd half pen,9th
                              Wrexham 1 Maidstone United 3 Well beaten despite taking the lead,also set for mid table finish
                              Welling United 3 Truro City 2 Went 2-1 up on 48 mins,2 points above the relegation zone

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Just enough time,before we climb into the play offs tonight,for

Wolves 0 Brighton 2 Forum derby,Wolves should be safe,Seagulls a win away from the Premiership,looking good for BBM's teams

Comment

Working...
                                X