X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    I note that there's currently a lot of media talk about brain damage being occasioned by heading - being described on TV yesterday by at least two health spokespersons as "headering" .
    This comes around from time to time,Jeff Astle and Danny Blanchflower come to mind
    Headering the ball never did me any harm

Anyways,latest news

Manchester United 3 St Etienne 0 in the inter cities fairs cup,easy peasy lemon squeezy

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Forum scoreboard

FA Cup 5th round

Millwall 1 Leicester City 0 Beaten by a last min goal despite playing against 10 men for most of the 2nd half
      Wolves 0 Chelsea 2 Forum derby,Wolves hit a post early on,Blues scored twice in the last 25 mins

League

Barnsley 0 Brighton 2 Both goals in 15 2nd half mins,back on top of the Championship
      Nottingham Forest 1 Sheffield Wednesday 2 Held on after conceding a 60th min goal when 2-0 up,4 straight wins,7 point play off cushion
      Coventry City 2 Gillingham 1 Led 2-0 at the break,conceded on 55 mins,1st win since beginning of November,still well adrift
      Port Vale 1 Bristol Rovers 1 Went behind to an OG early in the 2nd half then scored a late equaliser,4th consecutive draw
      Shrewsbury Town 2 Wimbledon 1 Equalised 3 mins after going behind in the 2nd half then lost it in the 90th min,no win in last 5 games
      Hartlepool United 1 Plymouth Argyle 1 Led at half time,conceded the equaliser on 76 mins,3 points above the drop zone
      Boreham Wood 1 York City 1 Took an early lead but were level at half time,unbeaten in 5 league games,6 points from safety
      Wrexham 0 Aldershot Town 2 Conceded the goals in 10 2nd half mins,6 game unbeaten run has ended
      Stockport County 2 FC United of Manchester 1 Led 1-0 half time then scored again on 70 mins before conceding a pen on 75 mins,back in the play off mix,a record 6th tier attendance of 5630 too
      Dartford 0 Chelmsford City 1 Scored on 71 mins,just 1 defeat in last 11 league games,1 point outside the play offs
      Truro City 1 Concord Rangers 2 Scored 1st but were 1-2 down at the break,8 defeats in last 9 league games,3 points above the drop zone
      Hearts 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Led 1-0 at the break but conceded on 64 mins then saved a pen,good point but no win in 14 games,bottom
      Partick Thistle 2 Hamilton Academical 0 Both goals in 11 2nd half mins,1st win in 5 games,now in the top 6
      East Stirlingshire 3 Whitehill Welfare 0 Straightforward win 2 of the goals in the 2nd half,4 wins from last 5 games,2nd
      Larkhall Athletic 2 Hereford 2 Took the lead twice but each time were pegged back,17 points clear at the top

St Mirren and Manchester United play tomorrow
      Arsenal and Newcastle United play on Monday

No game for Southampton,Bournemouth,Liverpool and Crystal Palace

Non Forum performance of the day goes to Lincoln City

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Dont get any better for the champions of England.

Sounded like an outstanding team performance from Wednesday.

Looking forward to Buddies tomorrow.

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
          Forum scoreboard

St Mirren and Manchester United play tomorrow
          Cor blimey, Rob, I hope we're not up against them. We're going to have enough bother as it is with them Welsh New Saints.
          Thanks for the round-up...I've held off from contacting my Burnley Cousins following their unexpected exit today. Don't want to rub it in in case we get a right drubbin' tomorrow.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Sunday supplement

FA Cup 5th round

Blackburn Rovers 1 Manchester United 2 Hard fought victory,came back from a goal down,cup treble is still on

Scottish Challenge Cup semi final

St Mirren 4 The New Saints 1 Came back from 0-1 down at half time,dramatic 5 min 2nd half spell when the Buddies scored twice and the visitors were reduced to 10 men,Dundee United to come in the final

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Scottish Challenge Cup semi final

St Mirren 4 The New Saints 1 Came back from 0-1 down at half time,dramatic 5 min 2nd half spell when the Buddies scored twice and the visitors were reduced to 10 men,Dundee United to come in the final
              On BBC Alba today too, Rob - we never win when we're on BBC Alba! I might nip out and grab a tin of Duraglit in the morning...just in case!

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                On BBC Alba today too, Rob - we never win when we're on BBC Alba! I might nip out and grab a tin of Duraglit in the morning...just in case!
                ...and just think, John, you've halted the celebrations in the streets of Total Network Solutions!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

FA Cup 5th round

Sutton United 0 Arsenal 2 Job done,seemingly set for the semis

League

Newcastle United 2 Aston Villa 0 Monday night cheer for BBM,top of the table

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Midweek results

League

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Brentford 2 Conceded 2 in the last 10 mins of the 1st half,last min consolation goal,1st defeat in 6 games,remain in 6th
                    Gillingham 2 Wimbledon 2 Scored 1st but were behind at the break,secured the point with a 69th min goal,6 games without a win,14th
                    York City 1 Gateshead 3 Conceded the 1st goal in the 1st min and were 2-1 down at half time,conceded a late 3rd,23rd,6 points from safety
                    Truro City 2 Gosport Borough 0 Both goals in the 1st half,just 2 wins in last 10 games,now 17th 6 points clear of the relegation zone

Champions League,1st leg

Sevilla 2 Leicester City 1 Hosts had a pen saved then went 2-0 up on 62 mins,Foxes got the vital away goal 11 mins later

Europa League,2nd leg

Saint Etienne 0 Manchester United 1 Comfortably through to the last 16,4-0 on aggregate

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                      Ex-member
                      • Sep 2013

FA Cup 5th round

Sutton United 0 Arsenal 2 Job done,seemingly set for the semis

League

Newcastle United 2 Aston Villa 0 Monday night cheer for BBM,top of the table
                      Sutton boobed. Looking at Arsenal’s recent form, they decided to rest a few players.

Their chances of getting anything this season is just pie in the sky.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                        Sutton boobed. Looking at Arsenal’s recent form, they decided to rest a few players.

Their chances of getting anything this season is just pie in the sky.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Midweek results

League

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Brentford 2 Conceded 2 in the last 10 mins of the 1st half,last min consolation goal,1st defeat in 6 games,remain in 6th
                          Gillingham 2 Wimbledon 2 Scored 1st but were behind at the break,secured the point with a 69th min goal,6 games without a win,14th
                          York City 1 Gateshead 3 Conceded the 1st goal in the 1st min and were 2-1 down at half time,conceded a late 3rd,23rd,6 points from safety
                          Truro City 2 Gosport Borough 0 Both goals in the 1st half,just 2 wins in last 10 games,now 17th 6 points clear of the relegation zone

Champions League,1st leg

Sevilla 2 Leicester City 1 Hosts had a pen saved then went 2-0 up on 62 mins,Foxes got the vital away goal 11 mins later

Europa League,2nd leg

Saint Etienne 0 Manchester United 1 Comfortably through to the last 16,4-0 on aggregate
                          Typical Owls - blown the chance of going 4th and above Leeds before Saturday's Elland Road clash!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2011

How Leicester got out of that game with a mere 2-1 is a wondrous mystery, as Sevilla play with a dazzling freedom of double-overlapping movement. The Vardy goal was a poignant throwback to last season's style. But yet another terrific game in a lovely setting - is no-one else revelling in the extraordinary entertainment offererd by the Champions League knockouts this year? PSG 4-0 Barça wasn't a bad start, but then came the Bayern-Arsenal 5-1 and most amazingly Corinthian-spirited of all, Mancs Blue 5 Monaco 3. Neither side seemed remotely interested in defending, let alone defending a lead. Lovely to see Falcao doing his brilliant thing (chipping the keeper inside the area with three defenders around him ) after all his English miseries. Heaven knows how the 2nd leg-scores might end up!

It all feels a bit like the 1970 World Cup, or Spain 1982 in the 2nd round - too many brilliant attacking payers to even feel like defending.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

Very harsh on Claudio, in my opinion, but that's modern footie for you.

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

genuinely unbelievable, JC.

In any case, I'd take a League championship and relegation like a shot !!

Anyway, Re Jayne's post, I'm not paying yet another subscription . Half price Sky sports is my limit.

Cup fever building here. Shopping for flags and associated tat still to do though.
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X