• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    No
    Concentrate on the league time cloughie.

Comment

• Alison
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      No

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Semi final (first leg)for us tonight.
        Saints fans in pessimistic mood.

Still, could be our night...
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Semi final (first leg)for us tonight.
          Saints fans in pessimistic mood.

Still, could be our night...
          It was and win win for the Forum ts

Hot off the press

League Cup,semi final,1st leg

Manchester United 2 Hull City 0 Resilient visitors,2nd half goals
          Southampton 1 Liverpool 0 Forum derby,winner on 20 mins

Football League Trophy (anyone know or care about this ?)

Cheltenham Town 6 Leicester City U21s 1
          Swansea City U21s 2 Wolves U21s 1
          Coventry City 3 Brighton U21s 0

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
            It was and win win for the Forum ts

Hot off the press

League Cup,semi final,1st leg

Manchester United 2 Hull City 0 Resilient visitors,2nd half goals
            Southampton 1 Liverpool 0 Forum derby,winner on 20 mins

Football League Trophy (anyone know or care about this ?)

Cheltenham Town 6 Leicester City U21s 1
            Swansea City U21s 2 Wolves U21s 1
            Coventry City 3 Brighton U21s 0
            Thanks ER.
            Brilliant night at SMS. Goal was at our end, and Saints put in a tremendous shift. Really should have had at least another goal, but the fans went home very happy with a decent result and a fine performance.

Been to a few losing semis, and that is the first semi final goal I have seen us score since Stamford Bridge in 76......

(Ref was hopeless.)
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Yes, well done the team, saints!
              Puel's tactics were spot on. He seemed to have watched Liverpool Reserves v Plymouth very closely . No-one can stop us passing but you negated our creativity. And if Soares had maintained his cool, well.... the bar always helps too, doesn't it? That lucky escape was the most animated I got all evening.

WE're missing Matip very badly. It is a shame to depend on one defender/sweeper type of player so much, but our defence always looks fragile under pressure without him and the ball moves less swiftly or tellingly through midfield. But with him back and a top-gear Coutinho running the show, the 2nd leg might be... quite exciting, really.
              Would Puel's tactics change much? Probably not.

One to get the tingles for.

What is it with the South Coast anyway? Bournemouth,Plymouth, Southampton? A seaside hex or something?
              I'll have to play Debussy, or - no, Ciurlionis, as inspiration before the return...

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Coutinho made things happen when he came on, of course, and he is the one Saints fans, and probably the manager are really worried about.

I doubt we will set up very differently than last night. The key against Liverpool, in my amateur opinion, is to stop them breaking at you at their lightning speed between the half way line and the edge of the box.That is where they are so dangerous, so probably better to surrender a bit of possession than risk losing it in in bad areas with the game stretched.

But we have to go up there and believe we have a goal in us, and last night will surely have helped that belief. Our strikers showed last night that they aren't at the highest levels, but they are good enough to worry any team, and away from home an ever improving Jayrod is just the type of mobile frontrunner to keep a home defence honest and on the move.
                As you say, should make for a great game.

Main thing is that Klopp doesn't take a shine to Bertrand though, who was quite exceptional last night, as he so often is .

I have a decision to make now. RVW 9 at the RFH with Vlad and the LPO , or the semi on the telly. Tough call.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                  Yes, well done the team, saints!
                  Puel's tactics were spot on. He seemed to have watched Liverpool Reserves v Plymouth very closely . No-one can stop us passing but you negated our creativity. And if Soares had maintained his cool, well.... the bar always helps too, doesn't it? That lucky escape was the most animated I got all evening.

WE're missing Matip very badly. It is a shame to depend on one defender/sweeper type of player so much, but our defence always looks fragile under pressure without him and the ball moves less swiftly or tellingly through midfield. But with him back and a top-gear Coutinho running the show, the 2nd leg might be... quite exciting, really.
                  Would Puel's tactics change much? Probably not.

One to get the tingles for.

What is it with the South Coast anyway? Bournemouth,Plymouth, Southampton? A seaside hex or something?
                  I'll have to play Debussy, or - no, Ciurlionis, as inspiration before the return...
                  ...or the klipp KLOPP of Herold-Lanchbery's Clog dance!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    I have a decision to make now. RVW 9 at the RFH with Vlad and the LPO , or the semi on the telly. Tough call.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Sad to hear that Graham Taylor has passed away.
                      Met him once,seemed a genuine nice guy.
                      Treated appallingly by the press when England manager.
                      Always be remembered for that documentary and being unable to pronounce Azerbaijan when commentating.

RIP Graham

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                        Ex-member
                        • Sep 2013

See post #5465 on the what are you listening to thread

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                          See post #5465 on the what are you listening to thread

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Missed one midweek

Mangotsfield United 0 Hereford 1

Satdy scores

Burnley 1 Southampton 0 Conceded on 78 mins,4 league defeats in a row,up against an inspired keeper today
                            Hull City 3 Bournemouth 1 Took an early lead with a pen but have now conceded 3 goals in 8 out of last 10 games
                            Swansea City 0 Arsenal 4 Easy win,led 1-0 at the break then scored 3 in 19 2nd half mins including an OG
                            West Ham United 3 Crystal Palace 0 Conceded the goals in 18 2nd half mins,7 games without a win
                            Leicester City 0 Chelsea 3 Forum derby,Blues no Costa no problem,7 points clear,Foxes new look system didn't work,lost 2 from 3 of last home games
                            Brentford 1 Newcastle United 2 Took the lead on 20 mins then won it on 80 mins,back on top of the league
                            Preston 2 Brighton 0 Conceded a goal in each half,1st defeat since September,dropped to 2nd
                            Sheffield Wednesday 2 Huddersfield Town 0 Took the lead early in the 2nd half,sealed the win on 92 mins,5 points clear of 7th place
                            Wolves 1 Aston Villa 0 Early 1st half goal earned the points at an emotional Molyneux after the death of Graham Taylor
                            Wimbledon 2 Oxford United 1 Went behind on 6 mins but were 2-1 up after 28 mins including an OG
                            Chesterfield 1 Coventry City 0 Conceded the goal on 77 mins,now lost half of their league games,rock bottom
                            Fleetwood Town 3 Bristol Rovers 1 Fought back from 2-0 down to score on 54 mins bet then conceded with 8 mins left
                            Crawley Town 1 Hartlepool United 0 Went behind 18 mins into the 2nd half,back to back defeats
                            Wrexham 1 North Ferriby United 0 Scored the winner on 28 mins,3 wins from last 4 league games
                            Dunfermline Athletic 1 St Mirren 1 Behind at half time to a penalty,equalised straight after the restart,7 points adrift
                            Stirling University 0 East Stirlingshire 2 Both goals in 8 1st half mins,2nd in the table
                            Hereford 1 Taunton Town 2 Can't find any details,1st defeat of the season

FA Trophy,2nd round

Dartford 0 Chelmsford City 1 Red card for the hosts right on half time,the winner came in the 71st min
                            Harlow Town 1 York City 2 Scored both the goals in 3 2nd half mins before conceding in the last min
                            Stockport County 1 Brackley Town 1 Went behind just after the break,needed a 94th min equaliser to secure a replay

Manchester United v Liverpool is on Sunday

No games for Truro,Inverness or Partick
                            Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 14-01-17, 23:45.

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

Sad to hear that Graham Taylor has passed away.
                              Met him once,seemed a genuine nice guy.
                              Treated appallingly by the press when England manager.
                              Always be remembered for that documentary and being unable to pronounce Azerbaijan when commentating.

RIP Graham
                              Well said Rob. Rather moving scenes of true support around the grounds today I thought.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                                • Nov 2010

Burnley 1 Southampton 0 Conceded on 78 mins,4 league defeats in a row,up against an inspired keeper today
                                Southern Saints' front three just toothless in front of goal yesterday on my visit to Turf Moor in an entertaining enough game. Southampton were fine till they got in the box and then offered very little. Really good atmosphere in the ground. The Burnley fans seem to believe in themselves at home. Virgil van Dijk was in a class of his own on the park...he could have swept stuff up all day and Burnley spent time trying to draw him out of position, but he was directing the defence...and he can fair cover the ground quickly. If it hadn't been for the mighty dodgy free kick Burnley would never have got by him. But the whole thing seemed set up for Joey Barton...what an entry! Burnley fans love him. Rangers' fans up here must be ragin' after his rather unsuccessful sojourn north! I thought Burnley just deserved it.

Dunfermline Athletic 1 St Mirren 1 Behind at half time to a penalty,equalised straight after the restart,7 points adrift
                                No progress but it could have been worse...at least we didn't lose any more ground...need wins!!!!
                                Thanks for the round-up, Rob!

Comment

Working...
                                X