X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Part 5

Bournemouth 3 Arsenal 3 Forum derby,Cherries 3-0 up after 58 mins,Gunners came back with 3 in the last 20 mins,the 3rd in added time after the home team were reduced to 10 men
    Crystal Palace 1 Swansea City 2 Went behind just before the break,equalised with 7 mins left then lost it to an 88th min goal,just 2 points from last 6 games

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Anyone bothered about the Cup?
      Be nice if we can keep it in the Forum trophy cabinet

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
        well we have the super Saints and two other forum teams in the running for the league cup.....

( not sure my investment of £20 in a semi final ticket is looking a good punt right now....there are a couple of tempting looking Colin Davis box sets at around that price which might have been a wiser buy, but fortune favours the brave.....apparently...)
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Poor Mike Phelan.

Indeed very harsh IMVVHO

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

I'll settle for an Owls double - automatic promotion and the FA cup. But we'll probably get FA!... But it would be nice to beat 'boro.

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              I'll settle for an Owls double - automatic promotion and the FA cup. But we'll probably get FA!... But it would be nice to beat 'boro.

I'm glad I don't have to negotiate business with you Cloughie !!
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                I don't know, ts, I'd probably be a pushover, like the Owls may be at the weekend!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Coda

Tottenham 2 Chelsea 0 Conceded just before and after half time,still 5 points clear at the top

We go again on Saturday

Comment

• Keraulophone
                    • Nov 2010

Tottenham 2 Chelsea 0
                    Gary has just been discussing this (on R4's Today) with Gary, mentioning Gareth.

Do Garys have a higher propensity for sport, and footie in particular?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Well the 3rd round got off to a very depressing start this evening

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

FA Cup 3rd round

Manchester United 4 Reading 0 Easy win,Rooney equalled club scoring record
                        Birmingham City 1 Newcastle United 1 Took the lead on 5 mins,level by half time
                        Bolton Wanderers 0 Crystal Palace 0 Could probably do without another game
                        Brighton 2 franchise fc 0 A goal in each half sealed the win
                        Everton 1 Leicester City 2 Scored 2 in 5 2nd half mins after going behind
                        Millwall 3 Bournemouth 0 Much changed Cherries side on wrong end of a cup shock
                        Norwich City 2 Southampton 2 Led twice,Conceded a 92nd min 2nd goal
                        Stoke City 0 Wolves 2 Super win v the Premiership side,scored in each half
                        Sutton United 0 Wimbledon 0 Had chances v the non league hosts
                        Preston 1 Arsenal 2 Went behind on 7 mins,equalised straight after the break,won it in the 89th min

League

Bristol Rovers 5 Northampton Town 0 Scored 4 goals in the 1st 24 mins
                        Hartlepool United 0 Grimsby Town 1 Conceded on 34 mins,down to 19th
                        Dover Athletic 2 York City 2 Good away point,twice came back from behind
                        Wrexham 2 Woking 1 Took the lead twice and held on,all the goals in 9 2nd half mins
                        Boston United 0 Stockport County 2 Took the lead on 35 mins,made sure in the 90th
                        Chelmsford City 1 Whitehawk 0 Scored with 10 mins to go,unbeaten at home,up to 3rd
                        Truro City 3 Oxford City 2 Went 3-0 up on 52 mins,managed to hang on for a much needed win
                        St Mirren 0 Queen of the South 3 Went behind right on half time,conceded 2 more in the last 9 mins
                        East Stirlingshire 1 Edinburgh University 1 Took the lead just before the break,conceded the equaliser early in the 2nd half
                        Paulton Rovers 1 Hereford 3 No details on the match,10th away win of the season

No games for Coventry,Partick and Inverness
                        Liverpool,Chelsea and Sheffield Wednesday play tomorrow

Comment

• Alison
                          • Nov 2010

A rather low voltage MOTD and some very poor attendances. An unexpected away win for the afoxes not be sneezed at though.

Oh dear Buddies

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

A rather low voltage MOTD and some very poor attendances. An unexpected away win for the afoxes not be sneezed at though.

Oh dear Buddies
                            Just wait for the transfer window, Alison.

Good win for Leicester...but sorry to see the Owls given the bhoot out of the Cup. Yesterday on Danny Baker on 5live, a Stockport County fan phoned in to relate the story of the time that the referee was pelted with mince pies around Christmas time...it was quite funny...were you there Rob?

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                              Just wait for the transfer window, Alison.

Good win for Leicester...but sorry to see the Owls given the bhoot out of the Cup. Yesterday on Danny Baker on 5live, a Stockport County fan phoned in to relate the story of the time that the referee was pelted with mince pies around Christmas time...it was quite funny...were you there Rob?
                              Yes John

Must have been 20 odd years ago,Boxing day IIRC,can't remember the game.
                              The club staff were giving mince pies out to supporters.
                              Started out as one pie per fan then as the novelty wore off they were giving away whole boxes.
                              I remember mince pie fights amongst the fans as well as the officials getting pelted.

Sunday results

Liverpool 0 Plymouth Argyle 0 Youngest ever Reds starting line up were unable to break down the league 2 side
                              Chelsea 4 Peterborough United 1 Straightforward win despite a 67th min red card and a much changed team
                              Middlesbrough 3 Sheffield Wednesday 0 Level 0-0 at the break then conceded 2 in 9 mins,Well beaten despite a red card for the hosts just after the 1st goal

Comment

• cloughie
                                • Dec 2011

No

Comment

Working...
                                X