• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EdgeleyRob
    • Nov 2010

Part 1

Brighton v Cardiff City Postponed
    Newcastle United 3 Nottingham Forest 1 Level 1-1 at the break,Scored 2 in 17 2nd half mins,red card for the visitors,top of the league
    Hartlepool United 3 Morecambe 2 Scored all 3 in 14 1st half mins,managed to hang on,1st win and goals since 22nd November

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Part 2

Chelsea 4 Stoke City 2 Visitors equalised twice before Blues sealed a record equalling 13th consecutive league win
      Leicester City 1 West Ham United 0 Goal on 20 mins,1st win in 4 league games,6 points clear of the bottom 3
      Manchester United 2 Middlesbrough 1 Came from behind with 2 goals in the last 5 mins,5 straight league wins
      Southampton 1 West Brom 2 Level 1-1 at the break,conceded the 2nd on 50 mins,man sent off late on,back to back home defeats
      Swansea City 0 Bournemouth 3 Easy win ended a run of 3 consecutive away defeats,8 years ago to the day Cherries were 91st in the league
      Liverpool 1 away team 0 Ho Ho Ho,early goal,4 league wins on the run,6 points behind top placed Chelsea
      Preston 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Equalised in the 94th min after going behind to an OG
      Wolves 1 QPR 2 Winning run ended,lost it to an 87th min goal after getting back to 1-1
      Bristol Rovers 2 Wimbledon 0 Forum derby,both goals in the space of 10 2nd half mins,Gas 2 points away from play offs,Dons back to back defeats
      Peterborough United 1 Coventry City 1 Heading for 3 points after 7 straight defeats until conceding the equaliser on 93 mins
      Partick Thistle 0 Kilmarnock 0 Poor game by all accounts,down to 7th
      Ross County 3 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Went behind as early as the 2nd min,just 3 points from last 10 games,bottom
      St Mirren 1 Greenock Morton 1 Points dropped after taking the lead and GM being reduced to 10 men,conceded on 93 mins
      BSC Glasgow 0 East Stirlingshire 6 Forum result of the day,4,goals in the opening 36 mins

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
        Part 2

Chelsea 4 Stoke City 2 Visitors equalised twice before Blues sealed a record equalling 13th consecutive league win
        Leicester City 1 West Ham United 0 Goal on 20 mins,1st win in 4 league games,6 points clear of the bottom 3
        Manchester United 2 Middlesbrough 1 Came from behind with 2 goals in the last 5 mins,5 straight league wins
        Southampton 1 West Brom 2 Level 1-1 at the break,conceded the 2nd on 50 mins,man sent off late on,back to back home defeats
        Swansea City 0 Bournemouth 3 Easy win ended a run of 3 consecutive away defeats,8 years ago to the day Cherries were 91st in the league
        Liverpool 1 away team 0 Ho Ho Ho,early goal,4 league wins on the run,6 points behind top placed Chelsea
        Preston 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Equalised in the 94th min after going behind to an OG
        Wolves 1 QPR 2 Winning run ended,lost it to an 87th min goal after getting back to 1-1
        Bristol Rovers 2 Wimbledon 0 Forum derby,both goals in the space of 10 2nd half mins,Gas 2 points away from play offs,Dons back to back defeats
        Peterborough United 1 Coventry City 1 Heading for 3 points after 7 straight defeats until conceding the equaliser on 93 mins
        Partick Thistle 0 Kilmarnock 0 Poor game by all accounts,down to 7th
        Ross County 3 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Went behind as early as the 2nd min,just 3 points from last 10 games,bottom
        St Mirren 1 Greenock Morton 1 Points dropped after taking the lead and GM being reduced to 10 men,conceded on 93 mins
        BSC Glasgow 0 East Stirlingshire 6 Forum result of the day,4,goals in the opening 36 mins
        Thanks ER. Reading the round up was an awful lot better than watching the Saints today......

I thought our day had been bad until I saw your comments on the Buddies game against the soap dodgers.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
          • Nov 2010

That the stuff Edge. Well done Foxes today, could gave been 3-0 in first 20 mins.

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Bring on the Boro, Monday.

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

I thought our day had been bad until I saw your comments on the Buddies game against the soap dodgers.
              Ah wis ragin', sainty!!!!!!! No wins at home at all so the pressure got to them... Anyway, Happy New Year all of you out there...I'm going to see the Southern Saints in a couple of weeks with my Turfmoor cousins, ts, by the way. I'll have split loyalties that day.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

Thanks ER. Reading the round up was an awful lot better than watching the Saints today......

Southampton clearly had too much figgy pudding. MOTD was not pretty viewing. I missed the beginning, so will need to catch United on iPlayer (unless it's repeated this morning).

Update: The repeat is on at 8.15

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Part 3

Arsenal 2 Crystal Palace 0 Forum derby,1st half wonder goal set Gunners on way to back to back home wins,Eagles have conceded the most goals of the teams outside the relegation zone
                  Southport 3 Wrexham 2 Took an early lead but were 2-1 down at the break,conceded the 3rd on 88 mins after levelling on 67 mins
                  York City 0 North Ferriby United 1 Went behind on 28 mins,just 1 win in the last 19 league games
                  Stockport County 1 Harrogate Town 1 Winning run came to an end,took the lead just after the hour mark then threw it away with an OG on 88 mins
                  Bishops Stortford 1 Chelmsford City 3 All the goals in the 1st 37 mins,back to back wins v BS,up to 3rd
                  Weston Super Mare 4 Truro City 2 Took an early lead but were 3-1 down by the 50th min,back to back defeats by their local rivals

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                    • Nov 2010

Part 4

Middlesbrough 0 Leicester City 0 Poor game,just 3 points from a possible 30 away from home
                    Everton 3 Southampton 0 Conceded the goals in 16 2nd half mins,3 defeats in the last 6 days
                    Sunderland 2 Liverpool 2 Took the lead twice,conceded 2 pens,just 1 defeat in last 18 league games
                    West Ham United 0 Manchester United 2 Both goals in 15 2nd half mins,controversial red card for the hosts,5 straight league wins
                    Blackburn Rovers 1 Newcastle United 0 Goal on 74 mins,2nd defeat by Blackburn this season
                    Fulham 1 Brighton 2 Came back from a goal down with 2 in 2 2nd half mins,5 straight league wins,top of the league
                    Sheffield Wednesday 0 Wolves 0 Forum derby,chances for both sides,Owls still in play off spot,Wolves remain in 16th place
                    Wimbledon 2 Millwall 2 Came back twice to earn a welcome point after back to back defeats
                    Charlton Athletic 4 Bristol Rovers 1 Took the lead,1-1 at the break,then fell apart in the 2nd half
                    Coventry City 2 Bolton Wanderers 2 Led twice but again dropped points by conceding in added time
                    Accrington Stanley 2 Hartlepool United 2 All the goals in the 2nd half,came back from behind twice,late 2nd equaliser
                    Hereford 2 Evesham United 1 Went 2-0 up on 35 mins and managed to hang on despite conceding on 73 mins,16 points clear at the top

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

What a dire game at the Boro. Happy with a point I suppose.

Good work once again Rob.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        What a dire game at the Boro. Happy with a point I suppose.

Good work once again Rob.
                        Still, 4 points in a couple of days is no so bad, Alison. What you need now is to go on a run like you did a couple of years back when everyone thought you were down and out.
                        Great reports, Rob, as ever. Thanks!
                        Last edited by johncorrigan; 03-01-17, 01:22. Reason: Come on the Buddies!

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                          Still, 4 points in a couple of days is no so bad, Alison. What you need now is to go on a run like you did a couple of years back when everyone thought you were down and out.
                          Great reports, Rob, as ever. Thanks!
                          Looks like your Burnley Rellies might be in for an enjoyable afternoon in a couple of weeks time, JC. Saints seem to have forgotten both how to defend and how to attack.

Thanks to ER for his fine work over the Xmas schedule, great stuff as ever.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

Looks like your Burnley Rellies might be in for an enjoyable afternoon in a couple of weeks time, JC. Saints seem to have forgotten both how to defend and how to attack.
                            Southern Sainties unsettled by the forthcoming arrival of the dreaded transfer window, ts?

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

Poor Mike Phelan.

Comment

• Alison
                                • Nov 2010

Anyone bothered about the Cup?

Comment

Working...
                                X