X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Kenny's absence from management for so long has not diminished his magic. What a pity so many years were "wasted".

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Kenny got hungry, and he's made the lads hyngry.

I bet there are teams above them keeping an eye and noting that neither Gerrard nor Carroll has appeared much lately, Cole hardly appeared, Torres sold, and ever since, the goals per unit minute have shot up? And Kenny has let Flanagan, Spearing, Kelly - all home grown - loose, preparing for the departures of Carragher etc?

If I was Man City / Arsenal / Chelsea / Man U, I'd be just quietly noticing and thinking about next season, and thanking my lucky stars that Kenny ate his heart out in the stands for so long! Fancy that Mancini/ Rednapp owe Kenny a few free tickets for next season's Champs League, 'cos it ain't going to happen again.

Comment

• scottycelt

Kenny is a very rare breed indeed... a first-class player who turned into a good manager.

Ferguson was a very ordinary player, so was Jock Stein, and, by all accounts, Matt Busby and Bill Shankly were nothing much to write home about either. Brian Clough did score a few goals, if I remember, though.

Anyway, it is great to see Liverpool playing exciting attacking football again ... as long as they never come up against my beloved Partick Thistle in the Champions' League.

Comment

• aeolium
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
          Never a fan of London clubs, I nevertheless hope that AFC Wimbledon make it into the Football League
          Nearly there now, EA - the (real) Dons need to beat Luton in the Blue Square play-off final to go up.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

CUP FINAL er ...i'm taking Stoke against the BIGÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ City .... now the power cut is over in Occa's Ham ....can watch it on TV .... my dad bought our first TV in [?] 56 and it broke down at 2.45 on the Saturday of the Cup Final ...an eloquent lesson in foul language ... he went to the pub and got tanked ... i nipped upstairs and watched at a neighbours
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Manchester City have done it at last. Unfortunately, Trafford United managed to do something newsworthy on the same day.

I call the famous team by that name, because they are not resident in Manchester (though not as far away as Milton Keynes).

Comment

• scottycelt

Manchester City have done it at last.
                Well, with the virtual financial backing of the IMF they could hardly have not done it ... and much the same goes for that other 'Manchester' lot?

There were occasional shots of old City players like Mike Summerbee and Franny Lee watching today's apology of a Cup Final at Wembley.

Such gifted and entertaining players with an enduring feeling for the club they once played for with great distinction, until foreign filthy lucre came along to spoil this once 'beautiful game'.

Mind you, I don't really mind watching the current foreign filthy lucre Barcelona side from time to time ...

Comment

• Pianorak
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                  Manchester City have done it at last. . .
                  Yes, well, I'd have dished out to them at least half a dozen yellow cards!
                  My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by scottycelt View Post
                    I'm a Glaswegian and your 'best in the world' Premiership doesn't present much of a problem for us ...

If Wee Sparky gets the boot, and the money's right, I'll sit down and seriously consider the Fulham vacancy .. :cool2:
                    Would the English Border Agency get the paperwork done for you in time, scotty?

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

well no matter how the team is formed it has to play on the day and the Man City side were just better and Stoke a way off their better performances ... so a result that seems acceptable judging by the game but a bit disappointing really ...
                      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

There will be no living with the thousands of STOCKPORT BORN AND RESIDENT city fans now
                        (sorry but it bugs me that they don't support their home town team)

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

football at the very top is just so predictable now...money buys success. End of.

Just watched the torquay/Shrewsbury game, which was at least as exciting as the bits of the cup final that I saw.
                          there was a time when i would have wished Man city well.....their fans have had to put up with a fair bit really. now, I couldn't care less.

No doubt we will see huge numbers of cars down here in the south with city stickers....where once there were Blackburn stickers.

As ER says, stick with your local team...loyalty is ALL we have.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                            There will be no living with the thousands of STOCKPORT BORN AND RESIDENT city fans now
                            (sorry but it bugs me that they don't support their home town team)
                            'Twas always thus. When I lived in Marple, I went to all the Stockport County Friday night home games, but also went to Saturday matches to watch the Manchester clubs. But that was when tickets for County cost only 5 shillings. Manchester United was cheaper at 4 shillings. It was very cheap even then. Prices crept up and Stockport County became the first club to charge a minimum of 50p. The national newspapers were up in arms about Ten Bob Soccer.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

If I stuck with my local team, it be Brighton & Hove Albion, of which i do follow!
                              Don’t cry for me
                              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                                Late member
                                • Nov 2010

one of my local teams is cobblers ....

Claudio intends to spill the beans on the slump at the end of the season, can't wait ... i am agog etc .... [puts his termination fee up to strengthen the non-disclosure clauses eh?]

Comment

Working...
                                X