• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lat-Literal
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Sunday supplement

Bournemouth 1 Southampton 3 Forum derby,Cherries took an early lead and are on a win 1 lose 1 sequence,deserved Saints win,up to 7th
    unmentionables 2 Arsenal 1 Scored on 5 mins but threw away the lead for the 2nd time in a week,down to 4th
    Oh dear - a very Arsenal Christmas.

As for York City...........!

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      I didn't know Hirst Jr was on the scene. I was under the impression a while back that his dad had settled down here, but I have have been mistaken. He didn't play for long for us, but he is fondly remembered for a few classic Hirst strikes, including one against Liverpool.

It'll be interesting to see how Jnr does, he'll be a great player if he's anywhere near as good as his old man.

Yup, Saints certainly turned up today. Funny thing is that last season was the exact opposite, we probably had our worst game of the season in this fixture. After selling Mane and Pelle, we'd have bitten your hand off for top half at Xmas.
      Let's hope George has inherited his Dad's flick!

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Bournemouth 1 Leicester City 0 Forum derby,1st half goal,Cherries mid table,Foxes just 1 away point this season
        Everton 2 Arsenal 1 Took the lead in the 1st half but were level at the break,lost it in the 86th min
        Middlesbrough 0 Liverpool 3 Emphatic away win,made sure with 2 in 8 2nd half mins after leading 1-0 at half time
        Sunderland 0 Chelsea 1 Hard fought win against stubborn opposition,10 straight wins,6 points clear at the top
        Crystal Palace 1 Manchester United 2 Forum derby,controversial refereeing,Eagles looked to have earned a much needed point until Reds scored a late 2nd
        Stoke City 0 Southampton 0 Poor game by all accounts,hosts reduced to 10 men on 23 mins,Saints couldn't take advantage
        Wigan Athletic Newcastle United 2 A goal in each half,win takes Toon back to the top of the table
        Blackburn Rovers 2 Brighton 3 Went 3-1 up after the hosts had a man sent off on 74 mins,unbeaten in 15 games
        Cardiff City 2 Wolves 1 Took the lead on 2 mins but Conceded on 68 and 86 mins,just 1 win in their last 12 games
        Sheffield Wednesday 2 Barnsley 0 OG in the 1st half and an 80th min 2nd secured the win,1 point outside the play offs

FA Trophy 1st round replay

Truro City 0 Forest Green Rovers 1 Can't find a match report but TCFC lost in in extra time
        Still, rather topsy-turvy at the top, with The Toon and Seagulls battling it out!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Everton 0 Liverpool 1 Goal on 94 mins,back to back away wins,2nd in the table,6 points behind Chelsea
          Celtic 1 Partick Thistle 0 Conceded the goal on 16 mins,made it difficult for the leaders

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Welcome to the parallel worlds of the real world and the Premier League World. Alan Pardew sacked by Crystal Palace. But fear not hold back the Kleenex, his prize for failure is reputedly ÂŁ4.8m. That this club can in the space of a few seasons be able to move from administration to being able to afford this sum! I just hope that all the original suppliers and staff of the club at that time were given what they were due!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              Welcome to the parallel worlds of the real world and the Premier League World. Alan Pardew sacked by Crystal Palace. But fear not hold back the Kleenex, his prize for failure is reputedly ÂŁ4.8m. That this club can in the space of a few seasons be able to move from administration to being able to afford this sum! I just hope that all the original suppliers and staff of the club at that time were given what they were due!
              And Allardyce in with a ÂŁ1 million bonus for keeping Palace up as well as a 2.5 year deal

Pre Christmas round up

Wednesday

EFL Trophy

Southampton U21s 1 Reading U21s 1 Reading through on pens

Friday

Ross County 1 Partick Thistle 3 Ended a 7 game winless run,off the bottom and up to 9th

Today

Rangers 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0 Conceded a 13th min goal,bottom of the league for Christmas
              Dundee United 2 St Mirren 1 Despite taking the lead were 2-1 down by half time,recent good run is over

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

And Allardyce in with a ÂŁ1 million bonus for keeping Palace up as well as ac2.5 deal.
                I'll be delighted come May for the Owls to take their place, but then the good guys don't always win!

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

What did the Palace chairman mean about playing 'expansive' football?

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    What did the Palace chairman mean about playing 'expansive' football?
                    I don't know Alison, but something which Allardyce is into but Pardew wasn't! I wonder if he meant expensive!?!

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      I don't know Alison, but something which Allardyce is into but Pardew wasn't! I wonder if he meant expensive!?!
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Alison
                        • Nov 2010

Good luck to forum teams over Christmas.

A whole week to wait for the next St Mirren fixture!

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Dundee United 2 St Mirren 1 Despite taking the lead were 2-1 down by half time,recent good run is over
                          My good friend Mr Lit-Lateral will be very interested to discover that the Saints saved the great Hamish McAlpine's record of 615 minutes without a goal being conceded. The Saints scored when Hamish's record was 3 minutes from being overtaken by Cammy Bell...unfortunately no early Christmas present for me, but hey what the heck, IT'S CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSS!
                          Thanks Rob...all the very best to all you footie fans...wishing you all a plethora of three-pointers in the weeks and months ahead....hic!

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                            My good friend Mr Lit-Lateral will be very interested to discover that the Saints saved the great Hamish McAlpine's record of 615 minutes without a goal being conceded. The Saints scored when Hamish's record was 3 minutes from being overtaken by Cammy Bell...unfortunately no early Christmas present for me, but hey what the heck, IT'S CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSS!
                            Thanks Rob...all the very best to all you footie fans...wishing you all a plethora of three-pointers in the weeks and months ahead....hic!
                            Best wishes from me too JC .....

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              Good luck to forum teams over Christmas.

A whole week to wait for the next St Mirren fixture!
                              Good luck from me too
                              Round up tomorrow,got people coming round,very inconsiderate of them

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Festive footy

Boxing Day

Watford 1 Crystal Palace 1 Missed and conceded pens cost the points
                                Arsenal 1 West Brom 0 Ground out the win with a late goal
                                Chelsea 3 Bournemouth 0 Forum derby,Blues club record 12 straight league wins,Cherries lost 3 of their last 4 league games
                                Leicester City 0 Everton 2 Just 1 win from last 9 league games
                                Manchester United 3 Sunderland 1 Dominated the game,4 straight league wins
                                Wolves 3 Bristol City 2 Came back from 1-2 down at the break
                                Newcastle United 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Forum derby,2nd half goal,Owls 3rd straight win,Toon 1st defeat in 4 games
                                Southend United 3 Wimbledon 0 Well beaten and a 2nd half red card
                                Bristol Rovers 4 Coventry City 1 Forum derby,Gas made sure with 3 in 28 2nd half mins,Cov 7th straight defeat but have a new manager
                                Hartlepool United 0 Blackpool 1 Conceded on 64 mins,Just 1 point from last 4 games
                                North Ferriby United 0 York City 1 Early goal,1st win since beginning of Sept,off the bottom
                                Wrexham 1 Southport 0 Scored on 88 mins,1st win in 4 league games
                                Harrogate Town 0 Stockport County 1 see below

Chelmsford City 4 Bishops Stortford 0 Welcome and easy win after a run of 4 consecutive draws
                                Truro City 1 Weston Super Mare 2 Took the lead on 35 mins,3rd straight defeat

Today

Liverpool 4 Stoke City 1 Recovered from an uncertain start to win a 3rd league game in a row
                                Brighton 3 QPR 0 Convincing win,took advantage of Newcastle's defeat to go top
                                Bishops Cleeve 0 Hereford 4 No details,played 23,won 20,drawn 3,13 points clear at the top

Southampton,Inverness and Partick play tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X