X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Do you think you'll lose big Virgil, ts. Hope not...fine player!
    Can't afford to JC, as we can't score goals,its our defence winning us the points.
    Unless he has a release clause that can be triggered in Jan, it would be madness to let him go until the summer.

THEN we need Celtic to find us our next Lovren/ Toby/ VVD......

I think he may be even better than Toby....absolutely top class.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

Another late losing goal for Palace. Very frustrating especially after this happening against Man U in both our Cup Finals and tonight after appalling reffing when Man U's first goal was a) offside b) handball c) after the one minute of added time. Things did actually even themselves out with equally appalling decisions in Palace's favour.

Comment

• Alison
        • Nov 2010

Oh well, at least we beat Man City on Saturday.

Would like to have Seen Saints snatch the win tonight. Foxes go to Stoke at the weekend.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          Oh well, at least we beat Man City on Saturday.

Would like to have Seen Saints snatch the win tonight. Foxes go to Stoke at the weekend.
          Grammatical error,no capital letters in man city Alison

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
            • Nov 2010

Bit late,technical issues,sorry

Thursday

Coventry City 1 Sheffield United 2 Got back to 1-1 but conceded an 87th min 2nd,fans protesting on the pitch,6th straight League defeat

Today

Crystal Palace 0 Chelsea 1 Forum derby,1st half goal,club record 11 straight league wins,9 points clear at the top
            Stoke City 2 Leicester City 2 Came back from a 1st half red card and 2-0 down,scored twice in the last 16 mins
            West Brom 0 Manchester United 2 A goal in each half,unbeaten in 8 league games
            Burton Albion 1 Newcastle United 2 All the goals in the 1st half,3rd win on the bounce,top by a point
            Sheffield Wednesday 1 Rotherham United 0 Scored with a 94th min pen after the visitors were reduced to 10 men,top 6
            Nottingham Forest 0 Wolves 2 A goal in each half,6th win of the season,up to 18th
            Birmingham City 1 Brighton 2 Went behind on 52 mins but completed the comeback with a 95th min winner,2nd
            Wimbledon 4 Port Vale 0 Comprehensive win,all the goals in the 2nd half,1st win in 4 league games
            Shrewsbury Town 2 Bristol Rovers 0 Conceded a goal in each half,just 1 win in the last 6 league games
            Portsmouth 0 Hartlepool United 0 Epic away trip,good point,Hangers keeper kept them in it
            Sutton United 1 Wrexham 0 Conceded in the 4th min via an OG,3rd straight defeat
            York City 0 Torquay United 0 Dominated the game but couldn't score,remain bottom of the league
            Stockport County 3 Altrincham 0 Took the lead in 25 mins then scored 2 in the last 13 mins,3 points outside the play offs
            East Thurrock United 5 Truro City 1 Scored 1st then conceded 5 in 30 mins either side of the break
            Weston Super Mare 0 Chelmsford City 0 Points dropped v the 3rd bottom team,2 points outside the play offs
            Hearts 1 Partick Thistle 1 Behind at the break,equalised early in the 2nd half,remain bottom of the league
            Kilmarnock 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Salvaged a point with an equaliser 6 mins from the end,1 point off the bottom
            St Mirren 1 Ayr United 1 Went behind then equalised on 81 mins after the visitors were reduced to 10 men,7 points from the last 9,6 points adrift
            Vale of Leithen 2 East Stirlingshire 4 Scored the goals in the space of 23 mins either side of the break
            Hereford 4 Yate Town 1 Bulls go marching on,2 goals in each half,10 points clear at the top of the table

Bournemouth,Southampton and Arsenal play tomorrow
            Liverpool play on Monday

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Thanks, as ever, for the excellent round up ER .... hope your technical issues are now resolved .... a good day for the North East .... I think the ref must have had Pompey in his ACCA(???) eleven minutes of added time .... or is this standard Portsmouth practice ts ... ????

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                Ex-member
                • Sep 2013

Thanks Rob. Great comeback by Leicester. Vardy I think, was a red card because he was 'out of control'. United seem to be hitting their stride.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                  • Nov 2010

Thanks Rob...last Saturday morning I'd have taken 7 points out of nine, but by all accounts the Budds should have taken 3 points yesterday. Unfortunately we're not making much ground on the teams above us...but it could be worse!

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Thanks, as ever, for the excellent round up ER .... hope your technical issues are now resolved .... a good day for the North East .... I think the ref must have had Pompey in his ACCA(???) eleven minutes of added time .... or is this standard Portsmouth practice ts ... ????
                    oh don't get me started AG.......they are the Real Barca United of L2, with all that goes with it......

ahem. Anyway, congrats to Hartlepools ( as they used to be, and I finally discovered why last night) on a sterling effort, and a well earned point at Nottarf Krap .

Lets hope Saints can do something similar in the new Hampshire Derby at lunchtime.

Good to see Stockport at least in contention, ( and thanks of course for the round up ER)and the Owls flying again, and at least things are looking a little brighter for the Buddies.
                    Last edited by teamsaint; 18-12-16, 13:35.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

That was more like the old Leicester yesterday. Have funny feeling we would have lost had Vardy not been sent off.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        oh don't get me started AG.......they are the Real Barca United of L2, with all that goes with it......

ahem. Anyway, congrats to Hartlepools ( as they used to be, and I finally discovered why last night) on a sterling effort, and a well earned point at Nottarf Krap .

Lets hope Saints can do something similar in the new Hampshire Derby at lunchtime.

Good to see Stockport at least in contention, ( and thanks of course for the round up ER)and the Owls flying again, and at least things are looking a little brighter for the Buddies.
                        Looks like you nailed the Prem pretenders, ts. I don't know about the Owls flying - yes we're sixth but a penalty in the 93rd after failing to target 22 shots on goal. Interesting however, Hirst Jr has been on the bench for the last couple of matches.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          That was more like the old Leicester yesterday. Have funny feeling we would have lost had Vardy not been sent off.
                          An interesting observation, Alison, but strange things do happen in the game!

Comment

• teamsaint
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                            Looks like you nailed the Prem pretenders, ts. I don't know about the Owls flying - yes we're sixth but a penalty in the 93rd after failing to target 22 shots on goal. Interesting however, Hirst Jr has been on the bench for the last couple of matches.
                            I didn't know Hirst Jr was on the scene. I was under the impression a while back that his dad had settled down here, but I have have been mistaken. He didn't play for long for us, but he is fondly remembered for a few classic Hirst strikes, including one against Liverpool.

It'll be interesting to see how Jnr does, he'll be a great player if he's anywhere near as good as his old man.

Yup, Saints certainly turned up today. Funny thing is that last season was the exact opposite, we probably had our worst game of the season in this fixture. After selling Mane and Pelle, we'd have bitten your hand off for top half at Xmas.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Sunday supplement

Bournemouth 1 Southampton 3 Forum derby,Cherries took an early lead and are on a win 1 lose 1 sequence,deserved Saints win,up to 7th
                              unmentionables 2 Arsenal 1 Scored on 5 mins but threw away the lead for the 2nd time in a week,down to 4th

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                                unmentionables
                                I've rather revised my sentiments about Manchester City since they beat Barcelona a few weeks ago. It's true that I felt angry that clubs like Chelsea, Man City and PSG destroyed fair competition by simply being the rich kids, funded by the obscenely rich, but before that happened, I always felt sorry for Man City, who always seemed to be out of luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X