• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
    Not wishing to spoil the fun, believe me, but The Round Ball Game looks set to be having to undertake a considerable amount of unpleasant navel-gazing in the foreseeable future and not for any reasons to do with the playing of said game; indeed, speculation is also already beginning to emerge as to whether other widely played round and non-round ball games might find themselves coming under similar scrutiny.

Whether there will be a fourth chair of the so far constantly stalled public inquiry by the time the outcomes of any such investigations are complete is, however, anyone's guess, but I suppose that the content of the concluding reports will serve only to add yet more to the burden of that already well overwhelmed inquiry.
    If you want to discuss perverts, start another thread. This one is about football. Nonces are everywhere, its a societal problem, not a football issue.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
      If you want to discuss perverts, start another thread. This one is about football. Nonces are everywhere, its a societal problem, not a football issue.
      Well said Beefy!

Seagulls had a great win today!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Beef Oven!
        Ex-member
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
        Well said Beefy!

Seagulls had a great win today!
        One swallow does not a season .... coat, hat

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

well quite. .
          of course in some occupations, those found guilty are , if well connected, able to return to work without any conditions, especially if their rehabilitation includes getting married.

whereas, for example, a teacher can have their job put under threat of redundancy if they have the temerity to live in the same house as somenbody who has a conviction for ABH.

anyway, and more importantly, I hope Gurney has a glass of something good to stare into the bottom of this evening.....
          Last edited by teamsaint; 26-11-16, 21:01.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

The Palace fans are usually quite noisy.

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

good luck to all forum teams ...
              ... how does "good luck" work if forum teams are on opposing sides?

[ ... never understood this "good luck!" malarkey. Doesn't compute. ]

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Football Pink has arrived

Leicester City 2 Middlesbrough 2 Twice came from behind with pens,94th min one earned the draw
                Liverpool 2 Sunderland 0 Left it late,2 in the last 15 mins including last min pen
                Swansea City 5 Crystal Palace 4 Crazy game,came back from 3-1 down to lead 4-3 then conceded 2 in added time
                Chelsea 2 Tottenham 1 Both goals in the space of 6 mins either side of the break v previously unbeaten Spurs,top
                Brighton 2 Fulham 1 Losing at the break,came back to move within 2 points of top spot
                Newcastle United 0 Blackburn Rovers 1 Surprise result after 9 straight wins,now only 2 points clear at the top
                Wolves 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2 Forum derby,both goals in the 1st 30 mins,Owls top 6,Wolves no win in 9
                Wimbledon 2 Fleetwood Town 2 Losing 0-1 at the break,went 2-1 up before conceding a 92nd min goal
                Chesterfield 3 Bristol Rovers 2 Took an early lead before going 3-1 down on 50 mins,1 point from last 4 games
                Coventry City 1 plastic dons 2 Red card on 74 mins,now lost 4 on the bounce after a recent good run
                Wycombe Wanderers 2 Hartlepool United 0 Conceded a goal in each half,lost 5 out of last 7 league games
                Bromley 3 York City 0 conceded the 1st 2 in the 1st 24 mins,horrendous run of form continues,23rd
                Wrexham 3 Forest Green Rovers 1 Led the leaders 2-0 at half time,made sure of the win on 93 mins,1st win in 6 league games
                Partick Thistle 1 Rangers 2 Conceded 2 in the last 9 mins after leading,no home win since the opening day
                Dundee 2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 went 2-0 down on the hour and had a man sent off in the last min,3rd consecutive loss
                East Stirlingshire 5 Selkirk 0 Led 1-0 at half time then scored 3 in the space of 13 2nd half mins
                Hereford 5 AFC Totton 0 No match report available,won 17 out of 19 league games

FA Trophy 3rd qualifying round

Chelmsford City 1 Taunton Town 0 Can't find any detail for this one
                Stockport County 2 Bradford Park Avenue 0 Took the lead on 30 mins,and yes managed to hold out before scoring again with the virtually the last kick
                Truro City 6 Frome Town 1 Again struggling to find a report on this game

St Mirren's game was postponed

Arsenal,Bournemouth,Southampton and Manchester United play tomorrow

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                  Ex-member
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                  ... how does "good luck" work if forum teams are on opposing sides?

[ ... never understood this "good luck!" malarkey. Doesn't compute. ]
                  Football isn’t just about winning

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                    Ex-member
                    • Sep 2013

Blimey, Leicester are rubbish when they’re not using their passports and air-miles.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Football isn’t just about winning
                      It's about the taking apart

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                        Would love a result v Boro tomorrow.
                        One for Pedants' Paradise, perhaps?

Every game has a result, except for ones that have been abandoned. The result of this one was "A Draw"!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                          One for Pedants' Paradise, perhaps?

Every game has a result, except for ones that have been abandoned. The result of this one was "A Draw"!
                          Doesn't the word result used as a slang term mean a positive outcome ?

Comment

• Alison
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                            Doesn't the word result used as a slang term mean a positive outcome ?
                            in the context of this game I'd say Leicester got a result anyway!

Comment

• Alison
                              • Nov 2010

Flipping heck, Palace! Hope Pardew remains at the club though,

Had looked up the Stockport result, not on BBC Sport, well done Edge.

Don't think much to the SC website - though most club websites are headache inducing in my experience.

Comment

• Bullock in D

Awful, awful Wolves game. Wish I'd gone local to watch the Bulls 5-0 up at half time.

Comment

Working...
                                X