X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    We got hammered a, then typical, small wiry Scottish inside forward cut us to shreds .........
    Its not the winning, its the taking part.

Respect, in any case, AG
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Respect, in any case, AG
      Doesn't compare with opening the bowling at Charterhouse ts .... I will finish the plaque soon .....

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Respect, in any case, AG
        Sounds more like the taking apart!

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Sounds more like the taking apart!

Hardly even that to be honest ... In my case it was 2 touch football ... 2 touches in the entire game ....

Comment

• Beef Oven!
            Ex-member
            • Sep 2013

Many a true word .......
            But not this time, Anton.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

League Cup 2nd round

Crystal Palace 2 Blackpool 0
              Burton Albion 0 Liverpool 5
              Chelsea 3 Bristol Rovers 2
              Newcastle United 2 Cheltenham Town 0
              Norwich City 6 Coventry City 1
              Oxford United 2 Brighton 4

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

League Cup 2nd round

Morecambe 1 Bournemouth 2

Comment

• Alison
                  • Nov 2010

Pretty good fortunes for forum teams in the League Cup!

Not long till the weekend action folks.

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

What year was the last Scottish Cup Final when all the players, managers and officials were all Scots .... ???

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

What year was the last Scottish Cup Final when all the players, managers and officials were all Scots .... ???
                      In 1987, St Mirren won the Scottish Cup v Dundee Utd...all the players in both teams were Scottish as far as I can recall as were the managers and ref...not sure about the linesmen. Also I only drank Scottish stuff that evening...and the next day too. Since then I can't think of a time when that might have happened. If Rangers or Celtic got to the final they'd definitely have non-Scots in the team. In fact, I'd be surprised if, in the intervening years any one team in the final has fielded only Scots. Thanks for the memories, anton!

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                        In 1987, St Mirren won the Scottish Cup v Dundee Utd...all the players in both teams were Scottish as far as I can recall as were the managers and ref...not sure about the linesmen. Also I only drank Scottish stuff that evening...and the next day too. Since then I can't think of a time when that might have happened. If Rangers or Celtic got to the final they'd definitely have non-Scots in the team. In fact, I'd be surprised if, in the intervening years any one team in the final has fielded only Scots. Thanks for the memories, anton!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...en_snsb466.jpg
                        Spot on John ...in fact the next of BBC Football's surprising facts about Scottish football proves your point ....

The league match between Celtic and Rangers on 04 October 2003 featured only one Scottish player in the two starting line-ups: Jackie McNamara. Maurice Ross came on as a substitute for Rangers. Celtic won 1-0.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                          • Nov 2010

Spot on John ...in fact the next of BBC Football's surprising facts about Scottish football proves your point ....

The league match between Celtic and Rangers on 04 October 2003 featured only one Scottish player in the two starting line-ups: Jackie McNamara. Maurice Ross came on as a substitute for Rangers. Celtic won 1-0.
                          I didn't know that about the '87 final before your question, anton. '87 is always my starting point re the Scottish Cup. I do remember that in '86 Kenny Dalglish fielded a team in the English Cup Final v Everton where no English player got on the pitch for Liverpool. Steve McMahon was on the bench but did not play that day.

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                            I didn't know that about the '87 final before your question, anton. '87 is always my starting point re the Scottish Cup. I do remember that in '86 Kenny Dalglish fielded a team in the English Cup Final v Everton where no English player got on the pitch for Liverpool. Steve McMahon was on the bench but did not play that day.
                            It's not the game we knew John .... I blame Brexit .....

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

I blame Brexit .....
                              I think he played left back for Rangers in the 90s, anton!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Satdy scoreboard

Tottenham 1 Liverpool 1 Took the lead with a pen just before the break,conceded on 72 mins
                                Chelsea 3 Burnley 0 Perfect start to the season continues,2 in the 1st half and a last min 3rd
                                Crystal Palace 1 Bournemouth 1 Forum Derby,Cherries took an early lead,deserved Eagles equaliser on 93 mins ,1st point of the season for both sides
                                Leicester City 2 Swansea City 1 A goal in each half,held on despite conceding on 80 mins,1st win of the season
                                Southampton 1 Sunderland 1 Equalised on 85 mins after conceding an 80th min pen,2 points from 3 games
                                Watford 1 Arsenal 3 Straightforward win,all 3 goals in the 1st half,1st win of the season
                                Hull City 0 Manchester United 1 Finally broke down the hosts with a 92nd min winner,100% start continues
                                Brentford 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Went behind on 54 mins,rescues a point with a 93rd min goal,both sides had a man sent off
                                Newcastle United 2 Brighton 0 Forum Derby Goals on 15 and 63 mins,Seagulls had a man sent off,Toon 3 wins on the bounce
                                Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Abandoned after 61 mins,torrential rain
                                Coventry City 1 Northampton Town 1 Losing 1-0 at half time,equalised on 63 mins,3 points from 5 games
                                Rochdale 1 Wimbledon 1 Took the lead on 13 mins and the hosts were reduced to 10 men on 82 mins,conceded the equaliser on 95 mins
                                Hartlepool United 2 Newport County 2 Took the lead in the 2nd mins,1-2 down by the 27th,the 2-2 on 38 mins,Pool played almost the whole game with 10 men
                                Dagenham and Redbridge 3 Wrexham 0 Swept aside by the promotion favourites,all the damage done in the 1st half
                                York City 4 Woking 1 Super win after 2 consecutive defeats,all the goals came in the 1st 26 mins
                                Telford 0 Stockport County 0 A decent point but the beautiful game it wasn't I hear
                                Chelmsford City 2 Oxford City 0 Scored on 30 and 41 mins
                                Truro City 1 Welling United 1 Took the lead on 53 mins,conceded the equaliser on 69 mins
                                Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 St Johnstone 1 Took the lead on 59 mins but were pegged back on 79 mins,91st min winner sealed 1st win of the season
                                Partick Thistle 1 Hearts 2 Losing 0-1 at the break,got back to 1-1 on 55 mins before losing the game in the last min
                                Ayr 1 St Mirren 1 Scored an 89th min equaliser after going behind in the 14th min,2nd point of the season
                                Civil Service Strollers 3 East Stirlingshire 8 Crazy game,7-3 up at half time ,scored the 8th on 68 mins !!!!!
                                Barnstaple Town 0 Hereford 2 The Bulls are at it again,1st half goals mean they have now won all their 5 league games so far this season

Comment

Working...
                                X