X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Well said Cloughers. Hope you're feeling ok after Saturday's reverse.
    Fine, Alison. Disappointing result at the end of a brilliant season for the Owls. Just hope we can build on that next season.
    Thanks for your concern.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      What,s the prevailing mood at St Mirren then John? Managerial position stable?
      Managerial position looking sound, Alison. He did well to keep us up after the start to the season that we had. Difficult league next year with Falkirk and Hibs still in there. But Paisley's eyes are on nomination for City of Culture 2021 and thus we witness the renaming of the ground.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Thanks folks,you're very kind.
        I have been tapped up by TalkSport but am staying here amongst friends.

Highs and lows

Congratulations to
        Leicester City (Premier League champions)
        Manchester United (FA Cup winners)
        Hereford (Midland League champions,Midland League cup winners and Herefordshire cup winners)
        Wimbledon (League 2 play off winners)
        Bristol Rovers (promoted to League 1)
        Arsenal (qualified for the Champions League)
        Southampton and Manchester United (qualified for the Europa League

Commiserations to

Newcastle United,York City and East Stirlingshire (relegated)
        Brighton,Sheffield Wednesday and Truro City (losing play off teams)
        Crystal Palace and Liverpool (losing cup finalists)

Forum team of the season ?

Got to be Leicester with Hereford a close 2nd

Comment

• gurnemanz
          • Nov 2010

Thanks for great results service, Rob.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

ER's round ups are an essential part of the football weekend. Just like waiting for the football pink back in the day, but personalised.

Lets hope Rob is rewarded with some long overdue success for Stockport next season.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
              Ex-member
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
              Thanks for great results service, Rob.

Seconded.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                • Nov 2010

Thanks again.
                Let's hope for bigger and better things for all our teams next season.
                Leicester to win the Champions League for example.

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                  You beat me to it EA.

Wimbledon 2 Plymouth 0
                  The Real Dons have now won six promotions since they first took to the field in the Combined Counties League in the ninth tier of English football in 2002.
                  Where is Lancashire Lass ?
                  At the same time you were posting that, we were heading back from Wembley, buzzing but still disbelieving. Not that any team can't beat any other team on their day, but it just seemed to have been a script that was written by someone else. I mean, at Christmas we were nowhere.

We took 22,000 to the game, Plymouth had 35,000, so you can imagine the atmosphere. We kept singing more or less continuously. The Taylor goal was a good one, not sure about the penalty -- he looked as if he fell over, just conveniently across the Plymouth player's leg though -- but who cares? TBH, after the first goal went in, their game collapsed, though there were still dangerous moments in the last few minutes.

The Plymouth fans were fantastic, they were coming up to our fans all over the south afterwards and congratulating them (according to our chat site). Really feel for them, they were expected to get automatic promotion and to lose the play-off final must be a big disappointment. Hope they bounce back.

And yes, thank you Rob and Alpy for your support, can't believe we've come so far so quickly, we are actually at the level many of us thought was the natural level of the old Wimbledon FC had the fans been allowed to buy the club in 2002 (but then we wouldn't have had the infrastructure to support it, so might have been worse off). The only blot is the existence of the plastic franchise, but it has been delicious that they have been relegated while we've gone up, even though it's not about results on the pitch.

We've played them three times in the cups, always away, so this will be the first time they will visit Kingsmeadow. Our fans are very well-behaved, but I am sure will find ways of making their views felt ...

And thanks Rob for your sterling results service -- best of luck to Stockport for next season.

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    ER's round ups are an essential part of the football weekend. Just like waiting for the football pink back in the day, but personalised.

Lets hope Rob is rewarded with some long overdue success for Stockport next season.
                    Well said ts

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                      • Nov 2010

Great post Lass and thanks again everyone

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Stockport County has suffered under the shadow of the Manchester clubs more than any other. It is, of course much closer in distance than any other, though it has had better periods in its history. When I first became aware of the team, it was at the bottom of Division 4 and had to apply for re-election (which almost always happened).

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                          Ex-member
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                          Stockport County has suffered under the shadow of the Manchester clubs more than any other.
                          Would it have been any different, even in direct sunlight??

Comment

• cloughie
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                            Would it have been any different, even in direct sunlight??
                            Might have been able to see more money! Investors may think than the fanbase is limited by the two giants on their doorstep. Perhaps the Class of '92 could have looked to revive County rather than the very much smaller Salford City!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                              Ex-member
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Might have been able to see more money! Investors may think than the fanbase is limited by the two giants on their doorstep. Perhaps the Class of '92 could have looked to revive County rather than the very much smaller Salford City!
                              Well, we’ll never know!

Comment

• teamsaint
                                • Nov 2010

SO, wall charts up ?
                                Beers in?
                                Social calendar cleared?

Who knows, England might win the thing.

Theoretically.........
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X