X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Yes, job very well done...incredible atmosphere again! But thank goodness Can's back, SO important for us, linking with my hero James Milner... fond distant memories of Swiss nights in May, long long ago, though in Berne rather than Basle...

It's a huge game against Sevilla though, oh how badly we want that one... apprehension, anticipation will be ... god, this is an emotional city.

I wasn't going to say anything about Hillsborough - I wasn't close to the families who lost people. But I was often on the dole or sick benefits in the 80s and you felt the governmental and social attitudes keenly and hurtfully.
    This is one of the best things I've read on it, from Adrian Tempany.
    Adrian Tempany was at Hillsborough in 1989. Last week he was in Warrington to see the inquest jury deliver its verdict

Powerful statement from Suzanne Moore too -
    The ‘unlawful killing’ of the 96 football fans was a crime, committed in a very real conflict. The police, the establishment, parts of the press, they were all in it together

Foxes should have a good time tomorrow! Victory parades and presentations, Pop all the corks AGAIN...!
    Now the meejoverkill's dying down a bit, I might even enjoy that Guardian supplement "A season like no other...", myself..
    Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 06-05-16, 17:22.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      Yes, job very well done...incredible atmosphere again! But thank goodness Can's back, SO important for us, linking with my hero James Milner... fond distant memories of Swiss nights in May, long long ago, though in Berne rather than Basle...

It's a huge game against Sevilla though, oh how badly we want that one... apprehension, anticipation will be ... god, this is an emotional city.

I wasn't going to say anything about Hillsborough - I wasn't close to the families who lost people. But I was often on the dole or sick benefits in the 80s and you felt the governmental and social attitudes keenly and hurtfully.
      This is one of the best things I've read on it, from Adrian Tempany.
      Adrian Tempany was at Hillsborough in 1989. Last week he was in Warrington to see the inquest jury deliver its verdict

Powerful statement from Suzanne Moore too -
      The ‘unlawful killing’ of the 96 football fans was a crime, committed in a very real conflict. The police, the establishment, parts of the press, they were all in it together

Foxes should have a good time tomorrow! Victory parades and presentations, Pop all the corks AGAIN...!
      Now the meejoverkill's dying down a bit, I might even enjoy that Guardian supplement "A season like no other...", myself..
      Well done to Liverpool, great result.

TS jnr#1 happened to be there last night, among the Villareal fans !!
      he was impressed by the reds, and wants Nivea man back, please !!
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

MrsBBM is well pleased with that result too!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

[QUOTE=cloughie;557355]
          Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post

Otherwise it's a forum two-legged standoff.
          Now confirmed

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

....gas gas gas automatique....

....yep, well done Liverpool....an exciting game that....
            bong ching

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
              ....gas gas gas automatique....

....yep, well done Liverpool....an exciting game that....
              With the last kick of the regular season 8o

Norwich City 0 Manchester United 1 Scored on 72 mins,5th place just 1 point off the top 4 with 2 games left
              Aston Villa 0 Newcastle United 0 Game of few chances,dropped points mean Toon are now in the bottom 3 with just 1 game left
              Bournemouth 1 West Brom 1 Scored a late equaliser after being behind at the break,16th place
              Crystal Palace 2 Stoke City 1 Came back from a goal down at half time,Premiership status secured
              Sunderland 3 Chelsea 2 Led 2-1 at the break,conceded 2 in the space of 3 2nd half mins and a late red card,
              Leicester City 3 Everton 1 Party time,2-0 up at half time and scored a 2nd half pen,championes
              Wolves 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Behind 2-0 at the break,late consolation goal,forum derby v Brighton in the play offs
              Middlesbrough 1 Brighton 1 Came back from a goal down at the break,2nd half red card,forum derby play off as above
              Wimbledon 1 Newport County 0 Late pen sealed the win,Accrington in the play offs
              Bristol Rovers 2 Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Level at half time,92nd min winner sealed 3rd place and promotion
              Morecambe 1 York City 1 Took the lead right on half time,conceded on 51 mins,finished in last place
              Plymouth 5 Hartlepool United 0 Long trip,heavy defeat,finished in 16th place
              Kilmarnock 0 Partick Thistle 2 Goals on 32 and 66 mins,9th place
              Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Dundee Utd 3 From 0-2 down at half time,and 1-3 down couldn't find an equaliser against 10 men,8th place

Scottish League 2 play off 1st leg

Edinburgh City 1 East Stirlingshire 1 Took the lead with a 15th min pen and conceded just before the break,red card for each side in the 2nd half,2nd leg next Saturday

Hereford won the Herefordshire Senior Cup by beating Westfields 5-1 last Monday,so we'll have that in the cupboard thank you very much

Southampton,Liverpool,Arsenal,Coventry and Truro play tomorrow

Just seen this pic of Hartlepool fans at Plymouth today,having fun they were

Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 07-05-16, 21:58.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                With the last kick of the regular season 8o

Norwich City 0 Manchester United 1 Scored on 72 mins,5th place just 1 point off the top 4 with 2 games left
                Aston Villa 0 Newcastle United 0 Game of few chances,dropped points mean Toon are now in the bottom 3 with just 1 game left
                Bournemouth 1 West Brom 1 Scored a late equaliser after being behind at the break,16th place
                Crystal Palace 2 Stoke City 1 Came back from a goal down at half time,Premiership status secured
                Sunderland 3 Chelsea 2 Led 2-1 at the break,conceded 2 in the space of 3 2nd half mins and a late red card,
                Leicester City 3 Everton 1 Party time,2-0 up at half time and scored a 2nd half pen,championes
                Wolves 2 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Behind 2-0 at the break,late consolation goal,forum derby v Brighton in the play offs
                Middlesbrough 1 Brighton 1 Came back from a goal down at the break,2nd half red card,forum derby play off as above
                Wimbledon 1 Newport County 0 Late pen sealed the win,Accrington in the play offs
                Bristol Rovers 2 Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Level at half time,92nd min winner sealed 3rd place and promotion
                Morecambe 1 York City 1 Took the lead right on half time,conceded on 51 mins,finished in last place
                Plymouth 5 Hartlepool United 0 Long trip,heavy defeat,finished in 16th place
                Kilmarnock 0 Partick Thistle 2 Goals on 32 and 66 mins,9th place
                Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Dundee Utd 3 From 0-2 down at half time,and 1-3 down couldn't find an equaliser against 10 men,8th place

Scottish League 2 play off 1st leg

Edinburgh City 1 East Stirlingshire 1 Took the lead with a 15th min pen and conceded just before the break,red card for each side in the 2nd half,2nd leg next Saturday

Hereford won the Herefordshire Senior Cup by beating Westfields 5-1 last Monday,so we'll have that in the cupboard thank you very much

Southampton,Liverpool,Arsenal,Coventry and Truro play tomorrow
                The Owls result was the benefit match for all the hard working players who had not had regular starts this season. Carlos can see which may feature in the playoff squad. a great season and I say to Bbm with no apology I hope the Brighton players have bad luck on Friday 13!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  The Owls result was the benefit match for all the hard working players who had not had regular starts this season. Carlos can see which may feature in the playoff squad. a great season and I say to Bbm with no apology I hope the Brighton players have bad luck on Friday 13!
                  Yes cloughie,with respect to Brighton and BBM,it's about time The Owls were back in the big time

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

Feel a bit sorry for Brighton. Still everything to play for BBM.

Great scenes at the King Power. Not sure if we were good
                    or Everton bloody awful but 3-1 will do.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Feel a bit sorry for Brighton. Still everything to play for BBM.

Great scenes at the King Power. Not sure if we were good
                      or Everton bloody awful but 3-1 will do.
                      BHA rather unlucky not to go up with 88 points.
                      If they do win the playoffs, a couple of good feisty encounters in prospect between them and Saints.

But the Owls stand in their way....
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
                        • Jun 2014

Loved that overhead plane banner at the King Power:

'I HAD A HUNCH WE WOULD WIN' ... RICHARD III.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                          • Nov 2010

Weird season for Palace. 4th at Christmas and ending up being worried about being "mathematically safe" - only achieved yesterday. Possible now to beat Saints next week and finish 12th. Great to annoy a grumpy-looking Mark Hughes yesterday, he who scored the Man U equaliser with seven minutes to go in the 1990 Cup Final. Talking of which ... here we go again in a couple of weeks. Surely our turn this time.

Not happy that Leicester now want to nick our key man Yannick Bolasie.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
                            Loved that overhead plane banner at the King Power:

'I HAD A HUNCH WE WOULD WIN' ... RICHARD III.

The Magpies, well... Seagulls: How frustrating, eh Alison? Would Rafa stay with The Magpies, if we get relegated?
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post

The Magpies, well... Seagulls: How frustrating, eh Alison? Would Rafa stay with The Magpies, if we get relegated?
                              Can he take the heat of the Championship? Meanwhile it's our forum fight Bbm! Owls against Seagulls but both smart birds!

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                                • Nov 2010

Today

Tottenham 1 Southampton 2 Came back from a goal down to be level at the break,the winner came on 72 mins,6th place and equalled last season's best ever prem points total of 60
                                Liverpool 2 Watford 0 A goal in each half secured the win for the much changed Reds,remain in 8th place
                                home team 2 Arsenal 2 Came back from behind twice ,scoring with their only 2 shots on target,just one point from their last game will secure a top 4 finish (good result for Man Utd)
                                Oldham 0 Coventry City 2 Both goals within the space of 7 2nd half mins,finished in 8th place,5 points outside the play offs

National League play off 2nd leg

Maidstone United 1 Truro City 0 Our team were the better side in the 1st half I hear but conceded on 73 mins to lose 3-0 on aggregate

Comment

Working...
                                X