X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Another season draws to a close (it's already over for some of us )
    Dumbarton 2 St Mirren 1 Took the lead on 10 mins but were pegged back via an OG before the break,conceded again early in the 2nd half,7th
    Yep, Rob, there are times early this season where I would have been glad of this...now I just feel Next season seems a long way away.

Charlton Athletic 1 Brighton 3 Early goal and 2 in the 2nd half v the relegated side, remain 3rd on goal difference,the top 3 all on
    87 points
    The top of the English Championship is v interesting indeed with only two games left. I see that Brighton play Middlesbrough last game of the season up North. And almost nothing in the goal difference between the top three.

Comment

• johncorrigan
      • Nov 2010

Any sign of Alison? or is there no wifi connection on cloud 9?

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

I wonder if there's a chance of Newcastle staying up?
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
          I wonder if there's a chance of Newcastle staying up?
          Always a chance BBM but Sunderland's point today doesn't help

Sunderland 0 Arsenal 0 Unispired performance,point keeps the Gunners in the Champions League places 5 points clear of 5th placed Man Utd but having played a game more
          Leicester City 4 Swansea City 0 Emphatic win with 2 goals in each half,if Spurs don't win tomorrow Foxes could win the title next Sunday at Old Trafford
          Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3 Kilmarnock 1 Came back from 0-1 down at the break helped by a red card for the visitors,8th

FA Cup semi final

Crystal Palace 2 Watford 1 Led at half time with an early goal,scored the winner 6 mins after conceding the equaliser,an all forum final to look forward to

Could be a good season for forum sides.
          Guaranteed the FA Cup and possibly the Premier League,Championship,Midland,Europa league titles and the FA Vase
          Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 24-04-16, 18:34.

Comment

• teamsaint
            • Nov 2010

Sterling work on the seemingly ever expanding round up, ER. Many thanks, it is appreciated.

Congratulations to Palace. Hope Gurney was there, and is in for a ticket to the final. I got to take my two lads to the final in 2003, a great day even though we lost.

Fantastic win for Leicester. Lets hope Alison is getting to the odd game or two. They are so close now......
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• gurnemanz
              • Nov 2010

My daughter had two tickets and her boy friend (Swindon Town fan) had preferred to go and watch Surrey v Somerset at the Oval where he is member. Anyway, his presence at any Palace match they attend together has usually proved to be a curse. (He will have seen Sangakkara hit a great century.) So I inherited the ticket and met up with her for pre-match lunch and pint at a pub in Warwick Avenue. I had a great day out despite the vagaries of the Sunday train service (Swindon - Paddington via Westbury!) and the inconvenience of Paddington being closed to the Bakerloo line. Palace fans were far louder and Palace team was far better on the day with Watford hardly turning up except for the goal they scored. In the lengthy Tube queue afterwards, we overheard much disgruntled muttering from Watford folk. Unfair really, since they have had a pretty good season. I probably don't have enough loyalty points to get a ticket for the Final and am not too happy about playing Man U (again) - I was there in 90 and still feel the pain.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Typical Owls to prolong the uncertainty for the benefit of anxious fans. A tense but interesting encounter awaits us against Cardiff at Hillsborough on Saturday. The fixture computer does an interesting job - ask Brighton fans, who we hope to meet dreckly!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Typical Owls to prolong the uncertainty for the benefit of anxious fans. A tense but interesting encounter awaits us against Cardiff at Hillsborough on Saturday. The fixture computer does an interesting job - ask Brighton fans, who we hope to meet dreckly!
                  "Dreckly"? I had to look this one up.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Wow. It really is going to happen.
                    Leicester must know in their hearts they are going to do it. Just Imagine them clinching the title at OT of all places !!

what a season it has been.

I'll leave Alison to wax lyrical, but as a side note, the Saints Forum ( where spurs are second only to p*****th for unpopularity) has taken Schadefreude to new and wonderful heights !!

( we should be ashamed )
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                      "Dreckly"? I had to look this one up.
                      Cornish for Mañana!

Comment

• EnemyoftheStoat
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Wow. It really is going to happen.
                        Leicester must know in their hearts they are going to do it. Just Imagine them clinching the title at OT of all places !!

what a season it has been.

I'll leave Alison to wax lyrical, but as a side note, the Saints Forum ( where spurs are second only to p*****th for unpopularity) has taken Schadefreude to new and wonderful heights !!

( we should be ashamed )
                        Oh no we shouldn't . As a Saints "follower" - I'm not sure I qualify as a supporter (although watching Leicester win 1-0 the other week was more painful than I expected it would be) - I'd just love an away win at White Hart Lane to put the final nail in the lid.

Comment

• aeolium
                          • Nov 2010

Congratulations to Leicester who now look a cast-iron certainty to win the Premiership. An amazing performance and a deserved trophy in this strange season. Tottenham are also runners-up on merit for their consistently attacking and attractive style.

At least Inverness and St Mirren both look safe from relegation, and the Bulls have had an all-conquering season (though I'll be sorry not to be seeing again the exotic names of most of their opponents). I still back Sunderland to escape from Premiership relegation thanks to the canny Allardyce. Otherwise the main contest is for promotion from the Championship - will Middlesbrough miss out yet again?

Thanks again to ER for the excellent results service all season.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aeolium

Thanks again to ER for the excellent results service all season.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                              • Nov 2010

Cheers

Coventry Sphinx 0 Hereford 4 Which means that the Bulls are Midland Football League Premier Division champions,first forum silverware of the season

and look out for this guy at Wembley on 22nd May

Hereford FC's mascot, Ronaldo the bull, is allowed to parade at Wembley ahead of the FA Vase final.

Wimbledon 0 Portsmouth 1 Remain 7th still needing a win from their last 2 games to guarantee a play off place
                              Truro City 1 Whitehawk 1 Took the lead on 57 mins,conceded the equaliser in the last min,Truro have to play again on Thursday before the last game at the weekend,a point will secure a play off spot

Finally,JUSTICE AT LAST FOR THE 96

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Finally,JUSTICE AT LAST FOR THE 96

Comment

Working...
                                X