• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beef Oven!
    Ex-member
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
    Sturridge.
    No, Sturridge stays. Rooney out, Kane and Vardy, the official England strike force.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
      No, Sturridge stays. Rooney out, Kane and Vardy, the official England strike force.
      Yep,but if Rooney is fit I can't imagine that Roy wouldn't take him.
      So if,as seems likely,he takes 4 strikers I assume Vardy,Kane,Wellbeck and Rooney.
      Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 31-03-16, 22:33.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Football latest

Aston Villa 0 Chelsea 4 Easy win,only surprise was they only scored 4
        Bournemouth 0 away team 4 Conceded 3 in the first 18 mins,still have an 11 point cushion above the bottom 3
        Norwich City 3 Newcastle United 2 Came back twice only to let in a 3rd on 93 mins,2nd bottom
        West Ham United 2 Crystal Palace 2 Took the lead but were behind at the break,equalised after the hosts had a man sent off,no win in 2016
        Liverpool 1 Tottenham 1 Took the lead on 51 mins but were pegged back 12 mins later,9th
        Brighton 2 Burnley 2 Led 2-1 at the break and until the 93rd min,3rd
        Huddersfield Town 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Scored a late winner,now up to 5th
        Gillingham 0 Coventry City 0 Good away point but the play offs now seem out of reach
        Bristol Rovers 3 Crawley Town 0 All the goals in the 2nd half,back up to 3rd
        Hartlepool United 2 Mansfield Town 1 Both goals came from pens,16 points clear of the drop zone
        Wycombe Wanderers 1 Wimbledon 2 Winner on 66 mins,2 points away from the play offs
        York City 1 Leyton Orient 1 Led at half time then conceded after having a man sent off,9 points adrift of safety
        Forest Green Rovers 0 Wrexham 0 Good away point,finished the game with 9 men,3 points away from the play offs
        Stockport County 0 Lowestoft Town 2 No comment
        Chelmsford City 3 Bath City 1 The points were sealed with a 50th min 3rd,now 6 points clear of the bottom 3
        Truro City v Whitehawk was postponed
        Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Motherwell 2 Looked to have secured a point until conceding the 2nd on 94 mins,9th
        Partick Thistle 0 Kilmarnock 0 Points dropped v the relegation strugglers,8th
        St Mirren 2 Hibernian 2 Came from behind to lead 2-1,then conceded in the 89th min,7th
        East Stirlingshire 0 Berwick Rangers 0 Remain 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league
        Dunkirk 2 Hereford 3 I missed Long Eaton United 0 Hereford 4 in midweek,this together with today's result means the Bulls are still 2nd,2 points off the leaders with a game in hand

Leicester City,Southampton and Manchester United play tomorrow

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Football latest

Aston Villa 0 Chelsea 4 Easy win,only surprise was they only scored 4
          Bournemouth 0 away team 4 Conceded 3 in the first 18 mins,still have an 11 point cushion above the bottom 3
          Norwich City 3 Newcastle United 2 Came back twice only to let in a 3rd on 93 mins,2nd bottom
          West Ham United 2 Crystal Palace 2 Took the lead but were behind at the break,equalised after the hosts had a man sent off,no win in 2016
          Liverpool 1 Tottenham 1 Took the lead on 51 mins but were pegged back 12 mins later,9th
          Brighton 2 Burnley 2 Led 2-1 at the break and until the 93rd min,3rd
          Huddersfield Town 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Scored a late winner,now up to 5th
          Gillingham 0 Coventry City 0 Good away point but the play offs now seem out of reach
          Bristol Rovers 3 Crawley Town 0 All the goals in the 2nd half,back up to 3rd
          Hartlepool United 2 Mansfield Town 1 Both goals came from pens,16 points clear of the drop zone
          Wycombe Wanderers 1 Wimbledon 2 Winner on 66 mins,2 points away from the play offs
          York City 1 Leyton Orient 1 Led at half time then conceded after having a man sent off,9 points adrift of safety
          Forest Green Rovers 0 Wrexham 0 Good away point,finished the game with 9 men,3 points away from the play offs
          Stockport County 0 Lowestoft Town 2 No comment
          Chelmsford City 3 Bath City 1 The points were sealed with a 50th min 3rd,now 6 points clear of the bottom 3
          Truro City v Whitehawk was postponed
          Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 Motherwell 2 Looked to have secured a point until conceding the 2nd on 94 mins,9th
          Partick Thistle 0 Kilmarnock 0 Points dropped v the relegation strugglers,8th
          St Mirren 2 Hibernian 2 Came from behind to lead 2-1,then conceded in the 89th min,7th
          East Stirlingshire 0 Berwick Rangers 0 Remain 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league
          Dunkirk 2 Hereford 3 I missed Long Eaton United 0 Hereford 4 in midweek,this together with today's result means the Bulls are still 2nd,2 points off the leaders with a game in hand

Leicester City,Southampton and Manchester United play tomorrow
          Should've won!!(Brighton!)
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Alison
            • Nov 2010

Big game tomorrow Sainty.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              Big game tomorrow Sainty.
              Could have done with Liverpool winning today too Alison

Comment

• teamsaint
                • Nov 2010

Great Round up ER,thanks as usual.

Yup, big game tomorrow, Saints fans are pretty fired up for this one .
                Looking forward to seeing how we perform against the title chasers. It was a game of two halves at SMS.......

It'll be interesting to see how Saints play it, conventional wisdom is to sit deep and try to blunt the Foxes pace.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                  Should've won!!(Brighton!)
                  It's tough up there, Bbm, 10 matches to the promised land for someone!

Comment

• Alison
                    • Nov 2010

Sorry Sainty

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Sorry Sainty
                      Just posted on Sunday night thread Alison, but thanks.

A decent game I thought, very disappointed we couldn't get something, but we failed to capitalise on some great positions, the ref was blind, and City got their goal. C'est la Vie .

An amazing achievement beckons,........
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                        • Nov 2010

Sorry Sainty
                        No you're not

Leicester City 1 Southampton 0 The goal came in the 1st half,yet another 1-0,7 points clear,4 more wins seals it (I agree with ts re the ref Saints should have had at least 1 pen)
                        Manchester United 1 Everton 0 The goal came 10 mins after the break,just 1 point off the top 4 and 1,000 Premiership goals at OT

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                          • Nov 2010

Midweek forum action

Birmingham City 1 Brighton 2 Came back from a goal down,scored the winner just after the break,3rd place just 1 point outside the automatic promotion places
                          Sheffield Wednesday 2 Blackburn Rovers 1 Also came back from a goal down against 10 men,4 consecutive wins,remain in the play offs, 5th place 5 points ahead of 7th spot
                          Carlisle United 1 Hartlepool United 0 Conceded on 55 mins,1st defeat in 8 games,well clear of the drop zone in 17th place
                          Havant & Waterlooville 0 Chelmsford City 1 Scored the goal in 1st half added time,11th place and 8 points clear of the relegation zone
                          Truro City 3 Dartford 0 Leading 2-0 at the break a late 3rd made sure of the win and boost play off hopes,4th place and 6 points clear of 6th spot
                          Partick Thistle 1 Dundee Utd 0 Goal on 71 mins secured the points against the bottom placed team,just ouside the top 6 on goal difference
                          Hereford 2 Walsall Wood 1 The battle at the top of the midland league looks like it will be going to the wire,tomorrow evening we have Alvechurch (86 points from 35 games) v Hereford (84 points from 34 games) and HFC have a +13 better goal difference

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
                            • Nov 2010

Don't you just hate it when your other half invites people round when there are football rounds ups to be rounded up.
                            So a little late but........

Thursday

Europa League quarter final

Borussia Dortmund 1 Liverpool 1 El Kloppico,got the away goal in the 1st half and conceded early in the 2nd

League game

Alvechurch 1 Hereford 2 Goals on 25 and 52 mins,held on despite conceding on 77 mins and the Bulls keeper saved a pen,top of the league

Today

West Ham United 3 Arsenal 3 I was asked by Lat ages ago to include the Gunners and I apologise for not doing so recently.From 2-0 up conceded 2 just before the break the came back from 3-2 down,title hopes now remote
                            Aston Villa 1 Bournemouth 2 Led at the break,2-0 up on 74 mins,held on despite conceding late on,should be safe on 41 points
                            Crystal Palace 1 Norwich City 0 The winner came on 68 mins,Eagles 1st win of 2016 and 10 points above the bottom 3
                            Southampton 3 Newcastle United 1 Forum derby,easy for Saints who scored as early as the 4th min,woeful Toon in deep trouble in 19th
                            Swansea City 1 Chelsea 0 Lost to a 1st half goal,below par performance and a 1st league defeat under Hiddink,10th
                            Bristol City 4 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Blown away in the 1st half and 4-0 down by the 52nd min (and my acca down the pan),other results help the Owls stay in 6th
                            Wigan 1 Coventry City 0 Conceded on 57 mins,now mid table and the play offs look to be out of reach
                            Morecambe 2 Hartlepool United 5 Were 2-0 up inside the 1st 5 mins,rout completed after a red card for the hosts,safe if my maths is correct
                            Northampton Town 2 Bristol Rovers 2 From 2-0 down a late equaliser secured a good point v the leaders,4th 2 points outside the play offs
                            Plymouth 1 Wimbledon 2 Winner 2 mins from time v play off rivals,Dons 7th in the last play off place,only 2 points between 7th and 11th
                            York City 1 Wycombe Wanderers 1 Leading at the break,conceded the equaliser on 88 mins,City look doomed,9 points from safety
                            Wrexham 0 Dover Athletic 1 Conceded the goal after an hour,now 8th and 6 points away from the play offs
                            Worcester City 2 Stockport County 3 From 2-1 down at the break,2 goals in the last 8 mins sealed the win,11th and play offs out of reach
                            Ebbsfleet United 3 Chelmsford City 1 Took the lead in the 1st min but conceded 3 in the space of 6 2nd half mins,should be safe on 49 points
                            Havant & Waterlooville v Truro City was postponed (again),remain in the play offs,they have played 3 and 4 games less than many other teams so potential fixture pile up
                            Dundee Utd 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Goals in each half secured a 2nd win in the last 8 league games,remain in 9th place
                            Ross County 1 Partick Thistle 0 Conceded the goal on 15 mins,now down to 8th place,so no top 6 for ICT and PT as I think this is the point where the SPL splits (JC correct me if I'm wrong)
                            Falkirk 3 St Mirren 2 v Got back to 2-2 on 82 mins v the potential division runners-up,only to conceded a last min 3rd goal,7th
                            East Stirlingshire 0 Queen's Park 3 All the goals came in the 1st half,by my reckoning will now finish bottom of the league,which is just not good enough for a forum team !!!
                            Hereford 4 Brocton 1 Can't find any details but a 3rd win in 6 days means the Bulls are top of the league and 4 points clear with 6 games left

Leicester,Liverpool and Manchester United play tomorrow
                            Brighton play on Monday
                            Last edited by EdgeleyRob; 10-04-16, 22:23.

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Don't you just hate it when your other half invites people round when there are football rounds ups to be rounded up.
                              So a little late but........

Thursday

Europa League quarter final

Borussia Dortmund 1 Liverpool 1 El Kloppico,got the away goal in the 1st half and conceded early in the 2nd

League game

Alvechurch 1 Hereford 2 Goals on 25 and 52 mins,held on despite conceding on 77 mins and the Bulls keeper saved a pen,top of the league

Today

West Ham United 3 Arsenal 3 I was asked by Lat ages ago to include the Gunners and I apologise for not doing so recently.From 2-0 up conceded 2 just before the break the came back from 3-2 down,title hopes now remote
                              Aston Villa 1 Bournemouth 2 Led at the break,2-0 up on 74 mins,held on despite conceding late on,should be safe on 41 points
                              Crystal Palace 1 Norwich City 0 The winner came on 68 mins,Eagles 1st win of 2016 and 10 points above the bottom 3
                              Southampton 3 Newcastle United 1 Forum derby,easy for Saints who scored as early as the 4th min,woeful Toon in deep trouble in 19th
                              Swansea City 1 Chelsea 0 Lost to a 1st half goal,below par performance and a 1st league defeat under Hiddink,10th
                              Bristol City 4 Sheffield Wednesday 1 Blown away in the 1st half and 4-0 down by the 52nd min (and my acca down the pan),other results help the Owls stay in 6th
                              Wigan 1 Coventry City 0 Conceded on 57 mins,now mid table and the play offs look to be out of reach
                              Morecambe 2 Hartlepool United 5 Were 2-0 up inside the 1st 5 mins,rout completed after a red card for the hosts,safe if my maths is correct
                              Northampton Town 2 Bristol Rovers 2 From 2-0 down a late equaliser secured a good point v the leaders,4th 2 points outside the play offs
                              Plymouth 1 Wimbledon 2 Winner 2 mins from time v play off rivals,Dons 7th in the last play off place,only 2 points between 7th and 11th
                              York City 1 Wycombe Wanderers 1 Leading at the break,conceded the equaliser on 88 mins,City look doomed,9 points from safety
                              Wrexham 0 Dover Athletic 1 Conceded the goal after an hour,now 8th and 6 points away from the play offs
                              Worcester City 2 Stockport County 3 From 2-1 down at the break,2 goals in the last 8 mins sealed the win,11th and play offs out of reach
                              Ebbsfleet United 3 Chelmsford City 1 Took the lead in the 1st min but conceded 3 in the space of 6 2nd half mins,should be safe on 49 points
                              Havant & Waterlooville v Truro City was postponed (again),remain in the play offs,they have played 3 and 4 games less than many other teams so potential fixture pile up
                              Dundee Utd 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 Goals in each half secured a 2nd win in the last 8 league games,remain in 9th place
                              Ross County 1 Partick Thistle 0 Conceded the goal on 15 mins,now down to 8th place,so no top 6 for ICT and PT as I think this is the point where the SPL splits (JC correct me if I'm wrong)
                              Falkirk 2 St Mirren 2 v Got back to 2-2 on 82 mins v the potential division runners-up,only to conceded a last min 3rd goal,7th
                              East Stirlingshire 0 Queen's Park 3 All the goals came in the 1st half,by my reckoning will now finish bottom of the league,which is just not good enough for a forum team !!!
                              Hereford 4 Brocton 1 Can't find any details but a 3rd win in 6 days means the Bulls are top of the league and 4 points clear with 6 games left

Leicester,Liverpool and Manchester United play tomorrow
                              Brighton play on Monday
                              Ouch!

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                                • Aug 2015

Many thanks Rob.

Arsenal - Disappointing. The Minstermen - Alarming.

Comment

Working...
                                X